Princess of Equesteria
Really like it. Specially a certain detail that would have gone really well if it was used in the actual anime :thumbs:

Heh Heh...Thanks. My mind has been pondering on this vision all day how it would play out if it had.

No Fear, No Pain.
Name: Cam Kamia

Designation: Libra Gold Saint

Element: Lightning
[hide]
Appearance: [hide] Clibra.jpg [/hide]

Story: She was born in battle, she has lived in battle, and she hopes to someday die in battle. That has been the life of the woman called Cam; whose true name she threw away long ago. Cam never knew her parents, though the mercenaries that raised her said they were both fine warriors. Cam had been born on a battle field because her mother was too stubborn to leave the front to have her elsewhere. Her father was no better, throwing himself into situations that no man should have lived through, yet he did time and time again. As a child, Cam never knew if the stories were true, but she preferred to believe her parents were as they were said to be. She would some day learn the truth, and it was indeed stranger then fiction. Even so, she proved she was the daughter of these two warriors at the tender age of ten. Her family, a mercenary troop made up of many warriors from all over Eurasia, was ambushed by a group of brigands while searching for work along the Silk Road. Instinct kicked in, and the petite girl had soon slaughtered her fair share of foes. She was praised by her family, and was soon respect as a warrior equal to any of the honed warriors. While all her comrades agreed she could some day become their leader, they also agreed the young child deserved better.

The mercenary leaders approached a martial arts school that was well known in the land at the time hoping to convince the master there to take Cam and train her. The school did not except women at the time, but once Cam had shown her skills the master removed that rule forever more. While the young woman’s skills were fierce and her instinct nearly perfect, her style was crude, and her body was ill built for harsher training. Yet she prospered at the school; so much so that by the age of fourteen the teacher had nothing else to teach her. Cam left the school to search for other teachers and challenges for which to test and further her skills. It was around this time that Cam began her swift transformation from a petite, thin girl, into a beautiful, strong bodied woman. A combination of excellent genes, intense training, and her awakening Cosmo had granted her a body built for battle. She spent the next three years traveling the land, fighting, and training. When Cam was seventeen and traveling by boat toward the land called Greece, she encountered a fellow martial adept at a port town. She challenged the man to a friendly duel and he gladly accepted, seeming just as eager to test the woman’s own skills. She bested the man at first until he suddenly summoned a strange, silver armor that seemed to boost his strength greatly and granted him bizarre powers. For a moment it seemed she would be bested, until she figured out how his unique abilities worked. The energy he used was similar to a power she had taped into many times before. Her first teacher, and many others after him called it by various names: Qi, Prana, Chakra, the names went on, but all seemed to mean the same thing. Ones own vital essence and the essence of the universe itself. Seeing it in action is such a fantastic way was all it took for Cam to figure out how to use her own more effectively. Though she broke her spear, sword, daggers, and bow in the process of using her power through them, she was finally able to best her foe with a powerful hip kick that broke his helmet and knocked him unconscious. Before the man had even awoke, two others walked forward and claimed to be his allies. Cam feared they would seek revenge to which she was in no shape to oblige them, but was surprised to find them praising her highly. The two called themselves Saints and invited the woman to train as they had at a place called Palanestra. Cam excepted, eager to gain greater strength and face more worthy foes like the one she had just bested.

Palanestra isn’t exactly the most welcoming or hospitable place for its new students, but Cam was like a little girl who had been let loose in a play ground. In less then a month after arriving at the training grounds for all Saints, Cam had acquired the rank of bronze saint and earned the Dragon Cloth as her own. Her incredible skill, uncanny ability to learn even complex combat techniques and tactics with ease, and her body that had been grown and honed for battle all went into helping her blow through her training at Palanastra. Surprisingly, while her skill with lightning cosmo didn’t match up with her cloths affinity for water, she was able to make up the difference by drawing out the full potential of the cloth’s shield which, in her hands, could deflect almost any attack. It was during this time that a group of Silver Saints, led by the Pisces Gold saint of the time, rebelled against the current incarnation of Athena in an attempt to rule Sanctuary for themselves. Cam was amongst the Saints chosen to fight the traitors along with three other silver saints, and the Leo Gold Saint of the time called Roland. Her major accomplishment in the battle was defeating the Crow and Perseus saints before aiding in the battle against Pisces. After the traitor’s defeat, few were surprised when Cam was chosen by the Scutum constellation and became the Scutum Silver Saint. With an even stronger shield then the Dragon Bonze Shield, and a lightning alignment, Cam’s new cloth was a perfect fit for her.

Less then a week after the defeat of the traitors, the Libra Saint of the time, a woman called Aliyah, approached Cam with an offer to become her teacher. Cam happily accepted and was soon training contently with the powerful Gold Saint. After three years of training, at the age of twenty three, Cam had power on par with most gold saints and was being noticed by the other saints as such. While most were happy over her progress, a few of the gold saints were afraid that their own constellations would turn away from them in favor of the more talented woman. While it had not happened for centuries, there had been occasions when a cloth would reject its saint in favor of a more noble and capable warrior. When Pisces chose another saint to wield its cloth, and the Taurus Gold Saint of the time lost his cloth in a battle against the Herakles Silver Saint, three of the less powerful Gold Saints feared loosing their cloths. Rather then wait for their clothes to leave them or have Cam “steal†one in battle, these three saints decided to remove the young woman from the equation. They ambushed Cam while she was bathing, but greatly underestimated her as she was able to defeat one unarmed, before summoning her cloth and forcing back the other two. Satisfied that defeating her fellow saints was enough, Cam was shocked when Aliyah appeared and killed the two retreating saints before executing the third, unconscious warrior. Cam was mortified, but Aliyah reminded the woman that she had killed traitors before, and that was all the three conniving saints were. Though this was true, Cam could not shake the feeling of anger within her heart and challenged Aliyah to battle. Her teacher accepted and the two fought a battle that shook heaven and earth.

In the end, Cam stood victorious though her cloth was completely destroyed. Aliyah, having taken a mortal blow, laughed at the out come of the battle with a duel sense of pride, and relief. Cam knew why her teacher had killed those other three saints and why she now laughed in defeat. While Libra grants its Saint great power, the wielder cannot die until they are slain in a true battle. Aliyah could finally rest knowing a worthy warrior now held the power of Libra, and would only allow it to fall into the hands of another such warrior. Accepting the responsibility of protecting the twelve golden weapons and using the power of Libra as her master had before her, Cam took up the cloth and bid her teacher fare well. No one knows where Aliyah’s bones rest except Cam, for that was the woman’s final request: to be buried as a normal woman.

For the next several years, Cam as the Libra Gold Saint fought in many conflicts against many foes. She watched as her allies fell around her, while she stood victories against foe after foe. For whatever reason, be it her potent cosmo that radiated life, some secret technique, a divine blood line, or the cloth she wore, Cam never seemed to age past her twenties. There were times when she would vanish for decades on long walk-a-bouts, only to return when the sanctuary was in greatest need of her skill or wisdom. At times she has been called noble and courageous, while at others she has been seen as a monster who only seeks battle. One day she would be a protector, and the next a destroyer of her wards. Saints would stand along side her one day only to turn against her the next. This has been the hard life of Cam Kamia, but one she lives with a constant smile.

When Hades invaded, her appearance at the battle for sanctuary was a welcomed sight. Soon, however, that sight became a night mare as she turned her weapons against her fellow saints while fighting alongside Hades’ forces. When asked by her fallen peers why she had done these things, Cam simply smiled and said, “Trust me my friends, it is better for me to stand here and you there. If it were the other way around, thing would be far worse. At least this way…they have a chance.â€

Special Techniques:

Indra Arms: Cam’s ability to create semi-solid weapons out of pure lightning Cosmos. The weapons can have various levels of power, with some being only as sharp as an average blade, while others can rival a tomahawk missile in destructive power.

Photographic Reflexes: Through years of training, Cam has developed the ability to perfectly mimic her foes fighting style and memorize it for her own use. She can also use this ability to find weak points to exploit, or pick and choose the best bits of the style to add to her own repertoire of techniques.

Misopethamenos: Cam does not age due to an unknown cause or ability. Because of this her actual age is hard to discern, but she admits she is not invulnerable. She can be killed like anyone else, but her innate talent for battle, along with decades of training, has afforded her much protection against poisons and diseases. Some say her constant search for battle is, in fact, a search for an honorable end, while others say she very much enjoys life, but has some unknown duty to perform. One thing is certain; she has been around for a while.

Weapons of the Twelve Saints: The twelve golden weapons of the gold saints of which Libra is care taker. Each weapon can be used by any of the gold saints and naturally adjust to the user’s Cosmo. However it is Libra’s, and thus Cam’s discretion of who should wield the weapons, for how long, and for what purpose. Even so, the gold saint has mastered the use of each of the weapons, which are integrated into her cloth, but uses them sparingly as they demand much cosmos for their use. The only exception to this are the Golden Shields which deman very little Cosmo from Cam due to her experience with both the Bronze Dragon Shield, and the Silver Scutum Shield. The weapons are separated into pairs and can levitate with Cam controlling them with her mind. The only golden weapon am does not wield is the Bow of Sagittarius, which can use many of the other weapons as make shift arrows. When this is done the destructive power produced is said to be enough to make Olympus shutter. Because of this, traditionally, Saggitarius and Libra are often depicted as partners in old texts.

Eighth Sense: A hard to define ability which many claim Cam was born with. She is currently one of the few people who understand the ability or know how to teach it to others.

Vajra: Creates a powerful, focused arrow of lightning cosmos that can pierce through anything and is considered both a unstoppable force and immovable object. Cam can only use this technique while wielding the Sagittarius bow, and the force released from the attack always breaks the bow. To say the least it can take several decades or longer to fix the bow, so this technique has only ever been used once.

Brahmaastra: The ultimate lightning cosmos that requires Cam at least a decade of meditation to complete even one. It manifests as a magnificent, Golden Spear that has the power to destroy an entire host when thrown. Cam used this technique only once to defeat an army of False Saints created by Mars. While her foes were defeated, the blast destroyed the entire island where the enemy army had positioned itself for their attack on sanctuary. Cam does not currently have a Brahmaastra prepared.

Extra Notes: Cam did once wear the masks usually worn by female saints, but always revealed her face to her defeated foes. Eventually she stoped wearing the mask all together and explained that her foes should be able to face her “face to faceâ€. In her own words, “It’s the least I can do for the poor bastards…†[/hide]

I'll send you more info via PM soon Galaxian. Right now work calls.

Lurker
Name: Cam Kamia

Designation: Libra Gold Saint

Element: Lightning

Oh? A female Gold Saint? Nice :thumbs:

...Holy hell! That's not a bio, that's a fanfic!

Still, it's really awesome (love the nods to the anime) so of course it's approved :anime:

===

I've updated the first post adding the least of the available Silver Saints (two of them will be allowed to be good the rest enemies) and lifting the two-character limit rule.

No Fear, No Pain.
Yeah I figured a gold saint needed a bit of back ground...and then the engine just kept rolling. It does that sometimes....

I'll probably go for a silver and bronze before the night is over depending on...well my creative process and other projects. Not to mention work. Thanks for the approval and I'll use her in a suitable way.

Disappear into light!!
Thanks for the feedback. I've made some significant changes and add some details in the bio. I'll also modify the original post.

Story: Having lost his family in an accident when he's still an infant, he spent his childhood in orphanages in loneliness, never having any family or close friends, unloved and uncared for. As a result, at a young age, he had developed a cold detachment to the rest of the world.

Born with an extraordinary awareness to his Cosmo, he first manifested his Cosmo without any training, almost destroying the foster home he was living in. After that, he was quickly discovered by Sanctuary, and was brought to the Palaestra to undergo training. There, he was delighted when he first discovered his gift for battle and hones them relentlessly, neglecting to master the use of Cosmo. That results in him to have only a crude mastery of Cosmo and limited ability to utilize it, leading him to heavily rely on sheer power provided by burning his Cosmo.

He has a quiet and composed manner, and exhibits a superficial friendly exterior, but is in truth quite apathetic and detached. He keeps everyone at a distance and focuses only on gaining strength and power, never seeing the importance of upholding "good" and "justice". Because he suppresses his emotions, he can never achieve his true potential and fully master his Cosmo. It was to the great surprise of his teachers and peers when the Pegasus Constellation acknowledges him as its Saint, and the Pegasus Cloth, previously worn by legendary heroes, was granted to the grim, unfeeling young man.

His Cosmo is unique, even among the rare Light-elemental Cosmo. It is very bright, but is strangely bleak and oppressive, almost sorrowful, reflecting his true inner self of a lonely and pensive young man, searching for a purpose and meaning to his existence.

Now that he is thrust into the duty of protecting the world, he must awaken to his "heroic spirit" and find his heart of justice, and become a true Saint.

Please tell if there's still anything lacking.

Lurker
Thanks for the feedback. I've made some significant changes and add some details in the bio. I'll also modify the original post.

Please tell if there's still anything lacking.

That's really good. Approved :anime:

No Fear, No Pain.
Really nice Dynamic we have going right now.

Julian: Jaded and Uniterested, yet trying to find a cause that is his own.

Serenity: A kind, but strong willed soul who will do what she feels is the right thing.

Azure: A brooding man with a powerful conviction and furious dogma.

Roland: A warm hearted man with boundless hope and determination.

Huh...in the end my guy turned out to be almost arthurian in comparison to the others. Still a part of me was going for the young knight who looked weaker then most but had his own, unique strengths. I see him getting along great with Serenity, and looking to try and cheer up Azure and Julian. I love playing the "big bro" kind of character, even though he is the youngest member of the team right now.

So what else do we need to add to the team to diverify things...hmmm wonder if Tiger and Bolly are still planing characters.

Lurker
So what else do we need to add to the team to diverify things...hmmm wonder if Tiger and Bolly are still planing characters.

Tiger said he was interested in Dragon and Leo a couple of days ago. Don't know if BollywoodShank still plans to submit a bio, he said he wanted to check a few episodes of the series first.

No Fear, No Pain.
K, for now I will focus on doing the Southern Cross Silver Saint and maybe another silver saint. I wonder if Magi will try for the Peacock saint. Either way I think one more male and female will suit me fine, even if only to make them. Their stories probably won't be as long as Cam's...but you never know.

Lurker
K, for now I will focus on doing the Southern Cross Silver Saint and maybe another silver saint. I wonder if Magi will try for the Peacock saint. Either way I think one more male and female will suit me fine, even if only to make them. Their stories probably won't be as long as Cam's...but you never know.

Huh... I had forgotten to add Southern Cross to the Silver Saint list... Good call :thumbs: