Name: Markus
Designation: Wolf Bronze Saint
Appearance: [HIDE]
sw_05.png
[/HIDE]

Story:

Living the life of a traveler, Markus learned to love adventure and seeing new things. His father was a traveling merchant, and Markus became his only employee. The two went all over trading knick-knacks, food, emblems, clothing and jewelry-- whatever their small cart and own two backs could hold. While he didn't know much of his mother; he never seemed all to curious. He was told she was an adventurous spirit as well, and that was enough for Markus. While traveling the world, he learned many self-sustainable skills such as: cooking, appraising, bartering and even natural herbal medicines to a certain extent.

The young traveler excelled as a fellow merchant to his father due to his trustworthy demeanor. He was very much your guy next door, as he wasn't outrageously outgoing and loud; nor uncomfortably quiet. He made quite a few friends and generally people would continue to purchase goods from him (although his father was viewed more as a scoundrel and relatively greedy). The common man effect he had seemed to make him likeable as other traveling merchants seemed very shifty.

Markus had no idea he even had Cosmo for the longest time. His very own clothstone was given to him when he was trading some sand roses he excavated in the desert with a local vendor in a large desert city his father called "The trading hub" due to all sorts of people coming and going. He held onto the oddly shaped green jewel as a luck charm for quite some time. It was while taking a brief rest while passing through the mountains, Markus was dozing off when a rock slide occurred. Although it seemed to be just natural happens chance, Markus felt that he caused it. These sorts of things would happen whether it was sand in the desert, or small tremors; Markus unconditionally thought he was the cause of these phenomenon’s.

Eventually, Markus realized he needed to make his own journey as opposed to accompany his father on his. He figured that is the only way he will even attempt to figure out why strange things happen around him. He packed up and left his father one morning and wandered. He spent quite some time doing this until his journey lead him to the sanctuary. Through this discovery, he found teachers and peers that could help him control what he learnt to be his Earth Cosmo.
His Cosmo feels very natural and quiet, like the sands of the desert. However; when he does use his Cosmo for combat, it is similar to an earthquake. It's aggressive and powerful without warning, and calms down instantly after its seismicity is over. Although not as experienced with his Cosmo as most of the other bronze saints; he desires the title hoping it will bring him more adventure.

Special Techniques:

Tremor Shield: Can move the ground to act as a shield-like wall to block attacks.

Canis Sandstrom: Creates many orbs of sand-like Cosmo. They levitate around the target and can all launch at once, or separately.

Seismic Strike: Concentrates all his cosmo into a single punch into the ground and attacks the enemy from beneath them with the earth erupting below them.

Could probably use another good technique, but my brains mush right now.....How's this though?

No Fear, No Pain.
Name:Sigurd Star

Designation:Southern Cross Silver Saint

Element:Light

Appearance:[hide]
3c6939af4cf6d1040892d3d57ad4276f116ade96.jpg
SouthernCrossKazuma.png
[/hide] Sigurd is a moderately built man with dirty brown hair, brown eyes, and fare skin. He has a three inch long scar above his left eye brow, and a white wing tattoo on both biceps.
[hide]
Story: To say Sigurd’s early life was a little rough is to say hump back whales are only kind of big. His father was a drunk, his mother was a pill head, and his older brother was one of the biggest drug runners in his home town. Sigurd himself could have easily fallen into the same path, yet he was more defiant then that and choose to follow his own way. Most kids rebel against their parents by doing the wrong thing, Sigurd rebelled by doing things right. Volunteering for charity work, tutoring other students, even taking a job at the local market to help provide for his delinquent family; these were just a few things Sigurd was involved in. One event, however, threatened to destroy all the good he had done, and would leave Sigurd questioning everything he stood for. Sigurd’s older brother, Omar tried to convince him to take a package to a local dope house. Sigurd knew what the package probably was and refused to even touch it. Omar punched him, called him useless, and left to do the deed himself. That night, the meth lab where his brother was delivering the package was raided by the authorities and exploded in the ensuing fire fight. Omar was killed in the event and Sigurd blamed himself for the death, as did his father and mother. Things only grew worse from there as his father was arrested only a day after the explosion for his part in not only Omar’s trafficking, but over a dozen other criminal activities and a murder charge. His mother over dosed on a cocktail of pills less then a day later leaving Sigurd alone at only thirteen.

He blamed himself like any young man with a good heart would. In his mind, if he had been the one to go that night then Omar would be alive, and his family wouldn’t have fallen apart. He started to loathe himself and everything he had done up until that point. He didn’t want to do anything; he just wanted to waste away.

“It isn’t your fault son, they chose their path, and now you have to choose your own. Will you fall as they have and forsake all the good you have done, or will you rise and continue the good work? I know it feels as if your deeds have brought you only pain, but I promise you this; your stars have only just begun to shine.”

The words were spoken by a stranger who had come only a day after Sigurd had lost everything. At first glance the mountain of a man looked rough and tumble with his unshaven beard and shaggy hair, but his words were kind and full of wisdom. The man called himself Jacob claimed to be from a school where young men and women were trained to protect the innocent and right wrongs throughout the world. Jacob himself was one of these servants of God, called a saint. While Jacob did not believe that Athena, the patron of most saints, was a god herself, he believed that she could be trusted and that the Saints were a group devoted to upholding valor and virtue. Something about the way Jacob spoke of these saints and fighting for the cause of good and justice brought a glimmer of hope back to Sigurd’s heart. When the burly man told the young and lonely boy that he might have the potential and strength of character to become a saint himself, Sigurd almost cried and agreed to travel with the man to the place called Palaestra.

As the two traveled together toward Palaestra, Jacob began training Sigurd in the basics of combat and cosmo. The experienced saint was pleased to see Sigurd quickly grasp the basic techniques, though it took him a good while before he could manifest his cosmo. When the young man did finally manifest the sacred power, Jacob was surprised by the result: Sigurd was a Light Adept. When the duo first arrived at Palaestra, the principal of the facility saw no reason to allow Sigurd entry, especially not if he had been trained by Jacob who was considered an outcast among his fellow saints. Jacob shrugged off the indirect and muddled insults he received with a jolly smile and a bet that Sigurd could beat any bronze saint they threw at him, cloth or not. Insulted by the bet, the principal agreed and threw his best student at Sigurd; Curtis the Orion Saint. Curtis was a strong fighter, but was also very full of himself and didn’t mind playing dirty to win. Sigurd, having had little training and only minor understanding of cosmo, was swiftly beaten down by Curtis, much to the chagrin of the other students and teachers. Yet, even though he was beaten and bruised, Sigurd kept getting back up. This frustrated both the principal and his prize pupil to no end and Curtis continued beating on the younger man. Down he went only to stumble back to his feet time and time again.

“Stay down you little worm before you get killed! I’m warning you I won’t-“ When Sigurd looked up at his foe, all present saw a set of eyes that awe struck some and terrified others. Those blood shot eyes filled with determination and defiance spoke volumes about the young warrior. “I won’t loose to a man like you…and I won’t become like you. I will be a saint, but more then that I will be a good man!” Something inside Curtis told him to crush the boy their and then, and so he prepared one of his special techniques that would almost assuredly disable Sigurd if it didn’t kill him. Some of the other saints present thought to step in, but before they could something unprecedented occurred. Just as Curtis launched his attack, his cloth left him and flew to the aid of Sigurd, shrouding the young man in its power. With a flurry of punches, Sigurd, unaware that he was even wearing the Orion Cloth, struck down his foe’s attack and then knocked Curtis unconscious with a solid gut check that sent the fool flying. The principal was dumbfounded and could find no words in reaction to what had just occurred. The other saints present did not have such a hard time expressing their feelings and let out a cheer that thunder all the way to sanctuary. In less then two hours or arriving at Palaestra, Sigurd had become a bronze saint.

Training at the saint’s academy was a good time in Sigurd’s life as he made many friends and learned much of the heroic past of his predecessors. He was, however, often labeled a “cloth thief” by some more experienced students who couldn’t believe a cloth would abandon its wearer mid battle to choose a nobody with mediocre talent. Sigurd ignored these individuals though which only frustrated them further, and, on rare occasion, resulted in him being ambushed by his own “comrades”. This only furthered his reputation, however, as he was able to defeat many of these attacks with his ever improving skills. After quelling an uprising in the Middle East, which was instigated by a servant of Mars, Sigurd was recognized by the Southern Cross constellation as worthy of its power at the age of eighteen. His new cloth suited him well as it granted Sigurd further control over his Light cosmo, and had a simple “feel” to it that he was very comfortable with. Since becoming a silver saint, Sigurd has spent time both traveling the world as a wandering saint, and teaching new saints at Palaestra. While he may not be the strongest of the saints, Sigurd’s determination and strong sense of justice have proven time and time again that strength is only one factor in earning victory. What is just as important is standing by ones believes, and doing the right thing in the face of adversity.

Notes: Sigurd’s cosmo is the exemplar of determination and conviction as he has chosen to stand up for his ideals even in the face of adversity. There are many who see him as a noble warrior standing up for justice, while others view him with contempt for being “high and mighty”. The latter of which are often either corrupt individuals who are unwilling to admit their wrong doings, or those who feel no man has the right to determine what is right or wrong. Sigurd admits his views on right and wrong may not match up with everyone else’s, but all he can do is live by his own ideals. His cosmo reflects this by being soft and gentle in some occurrences only to transform into a righteous blade in others.

Special Techniques:

Beowulf: Wraping his body in light cosmo, Sigurd is able to travel a given distance at near light speed, or achieve higher levels of strength then what is normally possible through simply burning cosmo. The greater the distance traveled, however, the greater the amount of cosmo needed. The technique can also put a great strain on Sigurd’s body and the Southern Cross Cloth due to the kinetic force placed upon both while traveling at such high speed. Inversely the technique can be used to increase Sigurd’s strength to as much as triple normal. This also places a strain on his body as he is basically overexerting normal human limits, even for a saint.

Cross Star: Creates many cross shaped throwing knives in Sigurd’s hands which he can throw or used as a limited, close range weapons. He can modify these into a more shuriken like shape should the need arise.

Saber Shine:The physical manifestation of Sigurd’s cosmo, the shine saber is a semi-solid blade of light cosmo with various uses. The blade is “forged” with a set amount of self sustaining cosmo which can even stay solid for a set amount of time after leaving Sigurd’s hand. While Sigurd often fights unarmed, he can easily create these swords on the fly to increase his range or change tactics. The swords can also be infused with further cosmo to increase their size, or focused to increase cutting power, though both require concentration on Sigurd’s part. Many techniques can be executed using the blades, though most expend the current saber in the process.

---Gram: Amplifies that Saber Shine by focusing cosmo to sharpen the blade. This usually lasts for up to three slashes which are capable of cutting through steel.

---Caladbolg: Sends a concentrated, crescent shaped wave at the target that cuts down one, or a number of enemies depending on how much cosmo was used to forge the saber.

---Dyrnwyn: Releases a massive amount of cosmo through the blade to create thrust. This sends Sigurd flying forward and increases the power behind his sword slashes. In his own words Sigurd has compared the technique to a rocket shaped like a sword. This move requires a constant feed of cosmo from Sigurd and can drain him rather quickly if he isn’t careful.

---Fragarch: “Shatters” a saber into four separate blades that fire at one or many targets in front of him. Sigurd can guide these swords with his cosmo at up to thirty feet away and the blade themselves can fly tru for up to sixty feet away. More blades can be created by this technique depending on how much cosmo is used in the creation of the blade.

---Naegling: Charges a saber with cosmo in a similar manner to the Beowulf technique and throws it at high speed toward the opponent. The speed of the attack is enough to create a small sonic boom making it easier for foes in the know to dodge or guard against it from a distance.

---Durandal: The ultimate Saber Shine technique that creates a focused saber that cuts through an opponent’s cosmo with over one hundred high speed slashes. The technique can defeat most silver saints easily, but puts a heavy strain on Sigurd’s body and cosmo.

Baldr: Sigurd’s end all technique that functions in a manner similar to Beowulf, but to a more dangerous degree. By burning all his cosmo at once, Sigurd enters into a state where all his physical abilities are amplified tenfold and he can utilize his saber shines to even greater levels. In this state he can ignore pain and injury, and his wounds are mended with light cosmo, even replacing lost limbs of organs with light based constructs. However, this state only lasts for a minute after which time Sigurd will take the full front of his injuries on top of the immense strain the technique puts on his body and mind. There is an 80% chance of Sigurd loosing his life after using the maneuver which is increased by whatever injuries he took while using it. What worse, his mind becomes so focused on defeating the foe before him that he may loose control and end up harming civilians or causing massive collateral damage. To say the least, it is not a technique he would use lightly.
[/hide]

Last edited:
Disappear into light!!
Really nice Dynamic we have going right now.

Julian: Jaded and Uniterested, yet trying to find a cause that is his own.

Serenity: A kind, but strong willed soul who will do what she feels is the right thing.

Azure: A brooding man with a powerful conviction and furious dogma.

Roland: A warm hearted man with boundless hope and determination.

That was what I was going for, actually. I originally planned to make an altruistic character, but after looking at the other main Bronze Saints, I think having three(possibly more, seeing as there's two more slots) "pure good" heroes can be a bit redundant, so I went with a standoffish, questionable character. I do intend to have him change bit by bit as he learns the basic virtues and the "power of the will", and finds his own "justice".

Lurker
Name: Markus
Designation: Wolf Bronze Saint
Appearance: [HIDE]
sw_05.png
[/HIDE]

Pretty cool. Approved :thumbs:

Name:Sigurd Star

Designation:Southern Cross Silver Saint

Element:Light

You're really enjoy this, aren't you? :anime:

Only one "good" Silver Saint spot left.

Approved

Should have a bio up tomorrow. Injury to my foot has me stuck (literally).

Cool. Once all the Bronze Saints are filled, we can start.

No Fear, No Pain.
Yes...Yes I am enjoying this. I usually do if it is somthing I can have alot of fun with. Now that I am all refreshed and getting over my headache (which I figure is from sleeping too long as has been the case lately) I will start working on Sigurd's sword techniques. I'm trying to make him into something like a Ninja-Knight so he uses alot of high speed maneuvers combined with powerful sword techniques. Got alot to work to do, especially if I intend to get my villian up before the night is over. Hmmm somehow I ended up with two male heroes and two female "villians". I always feel weird whent hat happens...

Princess of Equesteria
I was going to only have the one character, but I'll come up with a second one. I should have it up later once I've finished working on a post.

Lurker
This are the Palaestra uniforms that the Bronze Saints will be wearing at the beginning of the RPG.

palaunicopy.jpg