Read my smart post
I would love a PG-13 Green Ranger movie.

And to the idiots who want to jump on saying "Power Rangers isn't dark and gritty", PG-13 does not equal dark and gritty (The Marvel movies are PG-13), a higher rating will allow for some more intense action scenes, and that's about it.

So in other words, throw out the message of teamwork that Power Rangers AND Super Sentai is suppose to revolve around, and make Tommy: The Movie. Succeed or fail, this will get interesting REALLY fast... :169:

And to the idiots who want to jump on saying "Power Rangers isn't dark and gritty", PG-13 does not equal dark and gritty (The Marvel movies are PG-13), a higher rating will allow for some more intense action scenes, and that's about it.

And even JDF has a limit to how dark he will go. Even though he has said how fun it is to play the villain and such, he has said MANY times that he couldn't get into the Sentai because it got too dark.

FYq7M.gif%20

They're just now reporting on something JDF said months ago. It's literally nothing more than JDF talking out loud to anyone that will listen and just telling Saban about the idea.

I doubt it will come to any kind of fruition. And while JDF doesn't understand the Super Sentai, which to me is a huge negative, he does care about PR a fair amount. At least regarding his own characters. So it could be interesting.

If it ever happened, which I doubt.

So in other words he just doesn't know anything about the sentai.

And while JDF doesn't understand the Super Sentai, which to me is a huge negative, he does care about PR a fair amount. At least regarding his own characters.

I think, whenever he is talking about "the Sentai", he is referring to ZyuRanger. You know, the one where they are always trying to kill children because of some dark ritual or something. The one that had a villain called Great Satan. Yeah, that one.

And I honestly don't know his feelings about Sentai or how much he knows about it, he has only commented on his thoughts on ZyuRanger. Maybe someone else can elaborate for me. From what I have seen, he is a nice guy and would do anything for the fans, which is why he came back for the Power Rangers Anniversary/Legendary War adaption, so it's not just about him or the roles he has played. Not really sure why it would be a negative if he doesn't care. A loss, maybe, but not a negative. It would be a negative if he was on some kind of anti-Sentai campaign, but he's not.

Look at me, trying to defend the guy. I'm the one who really doesn't care that much about Power Rangers. :laugh:

Lurker
So in other words, throw out the message of teamwork that Power Rangers AND Super Sentai is suppose to revolve around, and make Tommy: The Movie. Succeed or fail, this will get interesting REALLY fast... :169:

So he'll be a Kamen Rider? :anime:

#MissionMiami
I'm guessing I'm the only one who sees the potential for it. First off, It's 2013. The Power Ranger brand with Saban/Nick is STALE. The only Ranger that people assocate with the franchise is the "Micheal Jordan" of Power Rangers which is Jason David Frank. A solo movie would be a very good way to get Power Rangers back to relevancy and possibly open a window for actual movies for the team itself.

A PG-13 theme would mean more intense fight scenes, blood, death references, more realistic location settings, what's wrong with that exactly? It would be like a movie version of "Fighting Spirit" episode in DT and It hasn't hurt the other children's brands. Last time I checked, Spiderman had a Y7 rating for the majority of it's existence as an animated series and it still has the same rating despite having PG-13 movies.