Grace and Frankie achieved something most Netflix shows didnt

Staff member
Grace and Frankie premiered years ago back in 2015. People think the show would be canceled after two seasons because it’s a comedy with two senior women as leads, but it lasted seven seasons! Not only that, it is going to have a series finale. Seeing a series finale is hard to achieve if you are a showrunner on Netflix. There are Netflix shows with bigger and younger stars, but they still get the boot. A Netflix Show having 94 episodes is a challenging feat to achieve, but Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin managed to make this Drama succeed despite all of the odds against it. It even got Five Emmy Nominations, and it may not have won those awards, but this show outlived some of the Award Winners.

Grace and Frankie, A Farewell to 7 Seasons with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin...

Continue reading...

I watched Grace and Frankie since the first episode and I love the growth they had throughout the seasons. It is bitter sweet for me to let go of this show but I am happy that it will have an ending.

Hey I just met you!
All Good things come to an end and I am proud of what this show achieved!

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
Lily Tomlin, back in her day, was once of the most brilliant female comedians out there. Jane Fonda also had her moments in the spotlight. The show “Grace and Frankie” lasted seven (7) seasons? That's not really a surprise. Their fan base goes way back. A lot of people really like those 2 ladies. They are very entertaining. But honestly, when I heard about the series, I did not add it to my watch list. No matter. Clearly, they had plenty of viewers without me. That's why everybody all excited about the finale.

The only reason this show lasted so long because its a low budget show. So expectations are lower and the budget is not as high. It is a modest success but I wont say its a runaway hit like Stranger Things or Squid Games.

How I wish the following shows got the same fate: Santa Clarita Diet, The Society,Samantha!, Julie and the Phantoms, I am not okay with this, Glow and Altered Carbon. 🙏🙏

My love is electrifying from above
Me too I hope My favorite shows will have multiple seasons and my favorite canceled shows will be given a second chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
British Columbia Made
I guess to have the longevity of this show, If I am a showrunner in Netflix, I will make sure my show will be low budget. Low risk for cancelations.

I am Alive!
The two lead actresses is not getting any younger. It is better for them two end the show while they are both alive and healthy.