GouGou Sentai Boukenger - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

Mad Skillz
I think it's fairly obvious that girl's actually Mr. Voice, that or someone directly related to him. This is a pretty great episode, not only did we get the awesome "hundreds of footsoldiers attack powerless rangers" but we also got to see them take out one of the strongest monsters in the series, with only to the Dual Crasher. At the very least, it's going to be a better finale than Magi. I loved every moment of the episode, I hope the last task doesn't let me down.

Now, random question. Since the series is over next week, which Boukenger is everyone going to miss the most? For me, it'll be Eiji, he was cast with an awesome actor and I've loved all the episodes that have him as the main character, especially the final Quester arc.

Did that song that was playing while they were firing the dual crusher at Desperado sound familiar to anyone? I could swear I've heard it on another show before >.<

the baddest *****
I'm gonna miss Akashi. Becuase of his upright attitude.

Third. :(

Ahhhh when I saw them introduce Gekiranger ... it felt like someone jabbed a sword through my heart. :(

Boukenger's adventure ended but Gekiranger's has just begun ;_;

Overall, the episode was good, but just like I expected it to be. A big giant dramatic " What shall we do without our abilities " mess. I found it interesting that Kaze no Shizuka ended up being Souta's moral support/you can do it! modivational speaker and Natsuki ended up being Masumi's. Too bad Sakura had no one to wake her up from her emo-ness (until the near end when the whole crew came back), at least Eiji had his mom :/ I'm also glad that Masumi, being the most emo person in the damned show, managed to be the one to wake up the entire team. I think Masumi earned some well needed cool points with that.

I'm surprised at how Akashi got out of that explosion unscathed. Well, we'll find out soon enough.

Mr. Voice: That's coming out of your paycheck, Sakura
Sakura: ....

And I'm glad I'm not alone when I think that the girl has some ties to Mr. Voice or the heads of SGS. For her to be holding the Goddam Heart when it was assumed that all the precious was destroyed is uncanny.

Now, random question. Since the series is over next week, which Boukenger is everyone going to miss the most? For me, it'll be Eiji, he was cast with an awesome actor and I've loved all the episodes that have him as the main character, especially the final Quester arc.

For me, has to be Akashi.... He was a breath of fresh air from all the hyper active ADD Red rangers we've had in the past. I truly liked his character.

Last edited:
Honestly, Chiefu bugged me more than the supposed "hotheads".

I think because it seemed like the actor was trying so hard to be super serious, that it came off as super annoying.

Mad Skillz
I'm also glad that Masumi, being the most emo person in the damned show, managed to be the one to wake up the entire team.
Now that I think about it, I really think his character has come full circle. He's gone from a whiny little emo kid to an influential member of the team. It would have been better if his darkness was talked about more(and I mean actual development, not just a throwaway line here and there), but with what he's been giving, his character has really been completed nicely.

Watching them use the Dual Crasher in their human form was easily my favorite Sentai scene since Mikoto/AbareKiller's death way back in 2004. The song played during that really complimented the action nicely. I hope the finale doesn't let us down and gives us at least one more kick ass scene like that.

Did that song that was playing while they were firing the dual crusher at Desperado sound familiar to anyone? I could swear I've heard it on another show before >.<
It's called "Start up! ~Bonds~", by NoB. Not sure if it's been used in the series before.

On the topic of the energetic red rangers, I believe that they can be done right if they're written good and have a good actor cast. Kouichiro Nishi is a prime example of this, as AbaRed, he's my favorite red from every Sentai I've seen. He could pull off serious and energetic perfectly. Akashi comes off too stiff sometimes and when he wants to be comical, it often doesn't work. Though, I don't believe that to be the fault of his actor, the entire main cast(minus Chise) are all great actors.

Not surprised about Kaze and Souta, you kind of figured that was coming since she's the only one who hasn't responded when he hits on her, favorably...

And she'll be the one I miss the most just for breaking the 4th wall so often, "Jesus Christ."