CwIG7WhWgAEHVj1.jpg

It has been revealed that Toei are releasing Himitsu Sentai Goranger as a series of FIVE Blu-Ray boxsets. Each set will contain 16 episodes, one of the movies (yup, there were five Goranger movies), and an interview with a member of the cast. The first set also contains some classic commercials for the series.

The sets will come out every two months starting in February 2017. Preorders for the first set are already open on Amazon Japan and those that preorder it will get the extra box pictured above which is large enough to contain all five sets once they have all been released.

D

Dr Kain

That is pretty awesome looking, but I'll pass. Fansubbers hvae pretty much taken care all of my Sentai needs outside of a few instances that Shout! Factory will one day fulfilll.

Would like to change his avatar
Great to see a classic Sentai get the Blu-ray treatment, but I have to say...

**** Toei for only realizing the concept of bonus features for the Blu-rays. Despite the fact that bonus features existed as far back as Laserdisc, and were made popular by DVDs, the ONLY "bonus" feature for a majority of the old Sentai releases on DVD *MIGHT* be a couple of interviews...IN THE GODDAMN BOOKLETS! But, now, finally -- it's only taken over a decade, but Toei has finally realized that you can FILM interviews and PUT THEM ON THE DISC...! Wow! And, hey, you can do other bonus features, too, like have toy commercials! Sorry if you shelled out half a grand for barebones shows on DVD, folks. Shell out another half a grand, because we've finally learned how to do the bonus features we should have done the first time 'round!

Shitheads.