Anybody else remember Goosebumps? Post your views & stuff here. :buttrock:

I'll right a short mini-essay/rant about the fandom & license later. :redface2:

It's Judgement Time!
I have the main series of books that I collected during my childhood. Good book series. I liked them. I also enjoyed the TV series but it wasnt as great as the books.

Prism Flash!
My favourites were the three stories of the Night of The Living Dummy.

Yeah, TV Show-wise AYAOTD was better, gotta admit Knight.

boogie woogie feng shui
A good Paul Gilbert guitar solo gives me goosebumps.

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
I remember in elementary school my teachers all HATED these books. They thought they were trash, and told us we had to, as a school requirement, read three other "good" books on their approved reading list before we could read one Goosebumps book.

Of course, that was never followed at all. I think they missed the point - at least R.L. Stine was getting kids to READ.

I loved the Living Dummy books as well. I think cause they were kinda like Chucky. And I remember going up to my uncle's house one halloween with the folks when i was 10, and there was a Are You Afraid of The Dark marathon on. It was great. That was one of my first introductions to horror. Then that same night, after being just a little bit scared of that show, i turned the channel and watched a Halloween movie. That scared the **** out of me. I think it was the first one, and that's why to this day the first Halloween scares me. But anyways, yeah, those were good books. Horror for kids. Greatest. Idea. EVAR.

It's Judgement Time!
I like the first couple Living Dummy ones. My favorites were Monster Blood and Monster Mask (was that what it was called? been a while. I should dig up my old books.) but I actually liked all the books.

No way was it "trash". Those teachers must've been retarded. The books were fun to read, well written, and each one was a nice horror mystery that kind of left you on the edge of your seat or had you guessing what would happen next.

I wasnt a reader as a kid (not that I couldnt read, no I've always been great at reading. Just not much into reading lengthy books.) but I really got into the Goosebumps series.

Prism Flash!
GrnPsychoGarren said:
My favorites were Monster Blood and Monster Mask (was that what it was called? been a while. I should dig up my old books.)
The Haunted Mask.