Google is planning to add personalized news feeds to users. That means their homepage will display matters of interest to you which is based on your previous searches. Now as you see the homepage of Google is mostly a white page and now it will show your favorite content.

This way Google is trying to retain its visitors by preventing them from visiting other players like Facebook. Facebook is becoming the strongest enemy for Google and they need to introduce more user friendly initiatives to survive in the battle.

I had a feeling that this would once come to happen. Anyway, it's the current trend. Facebook has come a long way, and it always endeavors to satisfy it's users -so I'm not surprised to here it's the new rival to Google. Well,competition has a way of bringing advanced/better quality of services!

Facebook is much stronger than Google, it already has 2 billion of users and the number is growing. If Google wants more users they should offer much more than Facebook, maybe vouchers, or to pay its users for their time. This is what Google should do but only for a small time. When they reach to a good number of users they may stop.

Facebook is much stronger than Google, it already has 2 billion of users and the number is growing. If Google wants more users they should offer much more than Facebook, maybe vouchers, or to pay its users for their time. This is what Google should do but only for a small time. When they reach to a good number of users they may stop.
Depends on what way you look at it to be fair. Google will have a lot more daily users but most of them may not be registered with google. Facebook, on the other hand, may have more registered users because it forces you to register as in you cannot use FB without an account. I don't think Google needs to do anything really because consider how many people use Google to gain access to Facebook. Vouchers just would never work for a company that size, it's a silly idea really :p. Why would it need to pay users to use their site when we use their site anyway for free?

Back on topic, I can see why Google would try this because it seems that people find news feeds interesting and actually scroll through them. This could also present them with another advertising opportunity. We'll just have to wait and see how they do it and whether or not it will fail like Google Plus did.

This was bound to happen as Facebook has a strong amount of users. I think it's a good idea that they do that change and hopefully more people will use Google. The only reason I use Facebook it's because everyone I know uses it and that's a strong mean of communication between us or else I think I wouldn't even mind logging in.

I like Google and Chrome is the best browsers of all and they are the best in business and yet the one thing I hate about Google is that we don't have privacy for our searches. It has a great security but no privacy. I don't if this is a bad or a good idea and I hope for the best. :)

As long as security is secure and it's safe to use facebook and google it's okay with me. I like to have of interest on site. I'll find things on facebook that I didn't know about. If google comes like facebook it's okay with me for I like facebook.

the one thing I hate about Google is that we don't have privacy for our searches.

My thoughts exactly. I already feel my privacy is violated more than enough. This will just add to that. I know others enjoy all this targeted stuff, but I'm not one of them.

My guess is that this is more about trying to find ways to serve more (and more targeted) ads.

I think the best thing Google could do is categorize more efficiently, so that searches produce better results.

Facebook has already been doing this for years and now that google is getting on to it I do not feel that it would be very smart for them to do. First if they do this more than likely it will alienate and have more people complaining that it should go back to the old style. As well as Facebook also having a problem with this as this would be copying their style of their app. Though if it competes with Facebook for style purposes Google will win as it has more people and is the best search engine available today. I would not like however if my privacy would be violated for stuff like ads or something.

I do not want my searches recorded when I'm logged in, so I guess they will install cookies on my browser and track what I search even when I'm not logged in? Well I don't mind this new feature, but I would just like to stick to the plain old Google, since if I want news, then I will just specifically search for it.