Yyyyeaaah, I don't think it would. Golden Eye was amazing for its time. But we're living in an "online" society now. Consoles have been doing the online multiplayer for a while now. What Golden Eye has to offer is nostalgia alone. Its gameplay is no more or less what any other game out there like its kind is.

I think if any version of Golden Eye with Online Multiplayer was released, it would be successful for Nintendo fans only but not by a mass majority. There was far better multiplayer games out there.

I was a Golden Eye king back in the day. But any love I have for it is nostalgia
I loaded up the N64 and Goldeneye last night just to see and...

Yeah, hasn't aged well. Prox mines remain one of the few fun gameplay items. Everything else is decidedly less awesome.

On the other hand, StarFox 64, Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Rogue Squadron and San Francisco 2049 are will hella awesome. 1080 Snowboarding was a bit slow. Shadows of the Empire is horrible.

Turok was vaguely cool with the bow, and Turok 2 multiplayer was loads better than Goldeneye. I had forgotten about the Cerebral Bore. That's the game that needs to be remade in HD.

Thus ended my nostalgia trip.

Zodasaur
I loaded up the N64 and Goldeneye last night just to see and...

Prox mines remain one of the few fun gameplay items. Everything else is decidedly less awesome.

Once you to used to using them, I find remote mines to be the most satisfying weapon to use in GE. There's a secret that you can detonate remote mines without switching to the detonator by pressing A+B together at the same time. It's awesome to chuck a mine at someone's face, then detonate it. They have no time to run away or react. Even will full HP+body armor isn't enough to save them from insta-death. I really want to believe that Goldeneye on Wii will be could, but i'm almost certain it won't turn out very good. They are just making too many changes to a game that was almost done completely right as is. Don't mess with a good thing ya know? I just hope they take out the momentary invincibility after getting shot. It pretty much made automatics pointless.