Gokaiger = Power Rangers One Piece (there are spoliers in this for both shows)

Kamen Rider Beserker
So I have gotten up to episode 13 of the show and like a lot of people I am really enjoying it, now I am sure that I can't be the only one to notice that character wise they seem to be quite similar to the characters from One Piece (not that I am complaining).

First off you have Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red) much like Luffy from One Piece he is a captain of determined pirates who are seeking the ultimate treasure.

For Gokaiger its the greatest treasure in the galaxy and for the Straw Hat Pirates it is the legendary treasure One Piece, and even though they both have their own personal reasons for wanting this treasure they also at the same time want to share the adventure of getting it with people who have become part of the crew and gone from being strangers to friends (and no doubt by the end of it as close as family with hints of this being seen in episode 12).

Though Marvelous does seem to be a little smarter than Luffy (but not by much) they both seem to easily amused and at the same time can't stand by when something unjust is being done, and going by episode 12 of Gokaiger again they both seem to heal really fast after eating some variety of meat which also happens to be their favorite dish.

Then you have Joe (Gokai Blue) who is a lot like Zoro, both are very capable swordsmen who specialize in multiple sword techniques and who both have someone who meant a lot to them but is no longer around, in Joe's case his mentor was turned in Barizorg and in Zoro's case the person he care for and started him down the road to be the best swordsman in world died after slipping down the stairs and getting impaled on her own sword.

Both characters were also tricked into the situations we find them in, when we see Joe's past we find out that he and Sid were trick into joining the Zangyack's and the bases that they were the good guys and were trying to make the galaxy (if not the universe) a better place, but not long after the training has finished do they realize the true nature of the Zangyack.

In Zoro's case after protecting a young girl from the pet dog of a spoiled rich kid who is son of a marine captain of the island he is thrown into prison for standing up to the kid (who always gets his way) he is then told that if he can survive a month without food while being tied to a stake then he can go free, this of course is a lie and after the month has almost past the kid says that he will kill him anyway.

You also have the way that both characters meet their captain for the first time, as we see in episode 12 after escaping from the Zangyack Empire, Joe is being constantly chased after by the Gormin and Sugormin he is then help out by Marvelous who then sets him free from his tracking collar and then persuades him to join his crew.

After Luffy hears of what is to happen to Zoro he goes to rescue him and after they defeat the bad guys Luffy manages to convinces Zoro to join his crew.

Next we have Luka (Gokai Yellow) who is a lot like Nami, from what little we have seen of Luka's past we know that at some point her planet was destroyed by the Zangyack's and she was force to live a very poor life and to make ever meal count as well looking out for the other children that seem to be in her care. Now she has quite a bit of money and spends it on things like jewels but at the same time she has mentioned that she has a plan for the money that she is obtaining at that was one of her reasons for joining the crew (the money in my opinion will most likely be to either help restore her planet's society or for the kids that we saw her with in her past).

Then we have Nami who much like Luka did not have the greatest of times, after her island was taken over by a crew of evil merman pirates and her adopted mother was killed in front of her she was forced be the same pirates to make sea charts and to steal from other pirates and towns etc. In order to get her island back from the pirates Nami steals lots of treasure for the pirates and though most of it goes to the pirates she saves up her share until she has enough to get the island back. Once the mermen pirates Nami begins to horde any treasure she gets much like Luka does and is not willing to part with it.

Next there is Don Dogoier aka Professor (Gokai Green) now when it comes to him I see a mix of characters, the characters I see in him are Usopp, Sanji and Chopper. Now for the most part he is like Usopp as he is the ship's mechanic and he knows limits in battle and he likes to do hit and run attacks but at the same time he also doubles up as the ship cook and medic, since they haven't shown any of his past yet I can't really make any further connections at this time so we will just have to wait and see if along the way if he gets to be more like any of the Straw Hats.

Finally there is Ahim (Gokai Pink) again much like the Professor I see a mix of characters in her, the mix I see is that of Vivi and Usopp. She is mostly Vivi though as in One Piece Vivi was a princess who foresaw the destruction of her country and tried to stop it from happening, though in Ahim's case it seems that he was able to stop her kingdom from being destroyed. Much like the Professor she knows the limits of her fighting ability but wants to change that so she can become a stronger member of the team.

Well that is it for the moment thank you for reading all this, it was longer that I thought it was going to be and I am not sure if I got across everything that I wanted to say, I would like to know do you agree with me that their does seem to be a lot in common or do you disagree, what are your thoughts.

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
I'm sure this was pretty much compared to in a much shorter version under "Expy" in TVTropes. But yeah; the comparisons are pretty much spot-on for the most part.

It also helps that Toei Animation is also responsible for One Piece, so the comparisons aren't that too far off. A buddy of mine even called this series "One Piece...IN SPACE!!"