always henshining'
are you really going ?
i wish i was this impulsive :laugh:

If you are planning on using a cell phone during your stay, I suggest that you rent one when you arrive.
I don't know if this is the same for every country, but I have not seen any European cell phones work there.

If I remember correctly, you can rent cell phones at the airport. It is a little expensive (hey, almost everything there is)
but it can be more convenient, especially if you are going outside of Tokyo, because not all phones there accept the same calling-cards.
I found that the card I used for the public phones in Tokyo were useless when I arrived in Sendai.

And as another person pointed out, make sure to bring a lot of cash with you.
Japanese people normally prefer to have thick wallets full of cash rather than using credit cards.
You are lucky if you find an ATM there that accepts Master Card.
VISA is even less accepted.

二番目の翻訳者
If you are planning on using a cell phone during your stay, I suggest that you rent one when you arrive.
I don't know if this is the same for every country, but I have not seen any European cell phones work there.

I was actually able to use mine over there (AT&T) but you should always call your carrier first to make sure.

But yeah, when in doubt, renting one may just be a lot simpler.

Why yes, I do know everything
Yeah, I was able to use my iPhone while I was over there as well (also AT&T) But unless you let your carrier know and get a special plan or something, you'll get charged a lot *learned the hard way* But yeah, as others have said, make sure you have plenty of cash on you because a lot of resturants will not accept credit cards (I'm looking at you ガスト & McDonalds) I can't give you any advice about hotels and stuff, since I lived with my fiancee in her apartment, but the trains aren't too difficult to figure out once you get used to it.

Welcome
Tourism is low. The govt i think is hosting a contest. The american media really blew **** out of major proportion. Its very safe to come here. There is no godzilla or hokuto no ken ****

Well that sucks.

There's no Spider Man in New York too.

The post office and 7-11 atms accept international cards but due to the jacked up exchange rate plus fees, i dont recommend using them. Bring travelers checks or have other money ready

since Tokyo Sky Tree is the new famous target for Kaijuu's as of 199 Heroes and I live near that area, I should be worried. :p