Boukenger was another Anniversary series (30th for Japan, 15th for America) and special tributes were payed to previous installments in both cases. The actual plot of the series revolves around the gathering of ancient mystical objects known as the "Precious." (Please- it's been three years, all the obvious Gollum jokes have already been made).

These are the first five GoGo Vehicles-

Overdrive21.jpg

Dump, Formula, Gyro, Dozer and Marine/Diver. They're pretty standard vehicles- Dozer & Marine are kinda small but the detailing is great.

They have a united Vehicle form, the Go-Trailer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/Paladin4221/Overdrive22.jpg

So bonus points for added play value.

Their combined Mecha form is DaiBouken!

Overdrive08.jpg

An interestingly designed and very articulate Megazord. Comes armed with a pickaxe and a shovel, which unite to form a sword-weapon.

Overdrive07.jpg

As a side-note, someone came up with a custom DaiBouken a while back that most TF fans will find very interesting...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/Paladin4221/boku.jpg

:D

To aid in their search for the Precious, the Boukenger gained four additional GoGo Vehicles:

Overdrive09.jpg

From left to right, Drill, Shovel, Mixer and Crane. They can all be used as limbs for DaiBouken-

Overdrive05.jpg
Overdrive04.jpg
Overdrive03.jpg
Overdrive02.jpg

Or, all nine can join together for the combination SUPER DaiBouken!

Overdrive10.jpg

Kinda ugly but they fit together really well.

After some mishaps, one more Vehicle was added- the GoGo Jet!

Overdrive11.jpg

The jet unlocks even more powers. First, it can be used with the original Support Vehicles to make a backup Mecha, DaiTanken:

Overdrive01.jpg

Or they can all join together to create the supreme combination, ULTIMATE DAIBOUKEN!

Overdrive12.jpg

To this day, Ultimate Daibouken ranks among my favorite Sentai Mechs. Its an amazingly cool design and proves that multi-piece combiners CAN be done without looking completely ridiculous.

Later on another member joins the Boukengers, and he gets 3 GoGo Vehicles all to himself.

Overdrive13.jpg

GoGo Fire, Aider and Police. They can combine too:

Overdrive14.jpg

and form Siren Builder! Good design but lacking in articulation (legs are magnetized together and can't be moved). All the Accessory Vehicles can also be used as limbs for Siren Builder.

After several troubling battles, another new set of GoGo Vehicles made their debut:

Overdrive16.jpg

Commander, Carrier, Fighter, Attacker and Roader. They too have a singular Vehicle form-

Overdrive15.jpg

GoGo Voyager. And of course, they can transform into another Mecha-

Overdrive17.jpg

DaiVoyager! Great-looking brick. Has a spinning punch gimmick based on the wheels in his chest & on his hands.

Finally, during their constant searching for treasure the Boukengers come across a powerful weapon known as the Golden Sword:

Overdrive18.jpg

It comes in handy defeating several monsters, but then the Boukenger are stunned to witness the sword undergo a startling transformation!

Overdrive19.jpg

DaiKenJin Zuban is born! Zuban's kind of like a hybrid between Mecha and costume-clad ally. He's able to grow and fight alongside the other GoGo Vehicles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/Paladin4221/Overdrive20.jpg

I am extremely fond of the Boukenger line, although admittedly I might be a bit more sympathetic to it because of how horribly it was butchered in the American translation.

Continuing the Creddie legacy
Nice Review. as always, you did a good job for it.

10/10! :thumbs:

Hope you do a Ultimate Daibouken VS EngineOh G12 comparison by now...

Just for fun I'm throwing up these comparisons.

boukenvs1.jpg

boukenvs3.jpg

boukenvs2.jpg

had to use Google Search because I will never own the American versions to photograph side by side

....Yeah. is it any wonder this is the series that killed "Power Rangers?"

UGH, kill that American pile of plastic with FIRE!!!

But great review! I'm very jealous you have the entire set. :p

Honestly the only one that loks really bad form the america line is the Super Daibouken (Second pic)