Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monster All Out Attack

Finally I have it in my hands. I've been hearing that this was the true 133t **** when it comes to Godzilla movies since the fwickin' Japan Hero days.

I think I'm gonna watch this tonight and I'll let you guys know what I think.

/B$ of the Tokusatsu. fanpage.
the japan hero days. oh the memorys... no seriously. i'v been here since the EZboard days yo =]

but yeah let me know how it is.

I was at JH at the CoolBoard days yo! I remember the EzBoard and how busted and desolate it was. Finally I convinced Jeff to upgrade to an Invision and the place burst with life again.................. some stuff..... and HJU was born! :anime:

has left HJU. Not coming back.
That movie was pretty good.

There are TWO actors who used to be in two Kamen Rider series.

Finally I have it in my hands. I've been hearing that this was the true 133t **** when it comes to Godzilla movies since the fwickin' Japan Hero days.

I think I'm gonna watch this tonight and I'll let you guys know what I think.

I have it (I have the HK R3 release with English subs), and let me tell you, it is the best Godzilla film in the Millennium Series (but then, for me, the Millennium Series are the best Godzilla films after 1975).

I also had the pleasure of meeting Shuusuke Kaneko at Asian Fantasy Film Expo in 2002, and the whole Godzilla fan community was quite excited about it (although some were also paranoid, just because Kaneko, who did the Heisei Gamera trilogy, wrote and directed it, even though he's a big Godzilla fan)!

boogie woogie feng shui
I thought it was insanely boring. There's way too little monster action. Nobody gives a damn about the human characters, that's the first rule of Kaiju.

I thought it was insanely boring. There's way too little monster action. Nobody gives a damn about the human characters, that's the first rule of Kaiju.

Tell that to some of the fans, who think human characters are just as important (some say more important) as the monsters. (I thought the characters in this film were quite good, espcially Commander Tachibana, played by Ryuudou Uzaki.) But other than that, this is more of a thinking-man's Godzilla film, just like the first film. The monster action in this film couldn't be more spectacular.

If you want an "insanely boring" film by the same director, try Gamera 2: Advent of Legion. Even though the FX were great, it'll make GMK look like art to you.

Lurker
GMK is probably one of the best kaiju movies, right up there with the original. I loved the suit designs, especially on Godzilla. Kaneko knows what he's doing when he directs kaiju, and it's definately shown in the Gamera trilogy. Another point I found interesting was the depiction of King Ghidorah as a guardian and not the King of Terror.