Godzilla 2012:Producer Brian Rogers On Legendary Pictures Film Plans

School Days
Fellow Godzilla fans, check this out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm52Zlk_6vU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Godzilla 2012: Brian Rogers On Legendary Pictures Film Plans[/ame]

Godzilla is all CGI.

A monster to fight new Godzilla!?:O_O:

I don't mind a CGI 'zilla in a live action movie. If a movie like Transformers or any recent ones that have been using CGI to its best to actually make things look real, then then this could be very cool. If they are working with Toho, then they should know what is expected, what Godzilla SHOULD be like, and so fourth.

I cringe more at a 3D movie than I do CGI movie.

Banned
I don't mind a CGI 'zilla in a live action movie. If a movie like Transformers or any recent ones that have been using CGI to its best to actually make things look real, then then this could be very cool. If they are working with Toho, then they should know what is expected, what Godzilla SHOULD be like, and so fourth.

I cringe more at a 3D movie than I do CGI movie.

You think TF was using CGI to the best? You could hardly see them. I mean bay made sure things were either really close up, or moving so fast you could hardly see them.

School Days

I don't mind a whole CGI Gojira either.They should get a Godzilla suit actor to do motion capture or something.

I just hope this new Godzilla is not some giant iguana laying eggs:laugh:

I don't mind a whole CGI Gojira either.They should get a Godzilla suit actor to do motion capture or something.

I just hope this new Godzilla is not some giant iguana laying eggs:laugh:

Of course, he won't be. Legendary Pictures learned from that film, and won't be making that same mistake ever again. Also, Toho has four of their own producers (including Yoshimitsu Banno) attached to this film.

Most of all, I want Godzilla to look, act, and feel like Godzilla, CGI or otherwise. I've seen better takes at Godzilla in a stylized or "realistic" style than what Devlin & Emmerich had to offer. Something that stays true to the spirit of the monster. He's a modern-day god. (The Japanese kaijuu are practically that.)

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Godzilla is gonna be CGI? Dammit. :nono:

Well, maybe it could be a lot better than 1998's Godzilla bullshit. I HATED this movie so badly.

School Days
Most of all, I want Godzilla to look, act, and feel like Godzilla, CGI or otherwise. I've seen better takes at Godzilla in a stylized or "realistic" style than what Devlin & Emmerich had to offer. Something that stays true to the spirit of the monster. He's a modern-day god. (The Japanese kaijuu are practically that.)

Definitely. I trust Legendary Pictures with this. :thumbs:

Now they said they're planning to have a monster (or monsters) duke it out with Gojira. I wonder if they'll use one of Toho's kaiju like King Ghidorah or Rodan.

Definitely. I trust Legendary Pictures with this. :thumbs:

Now they said they're planning to have a monster (or monsters) duke it out with Gojira. I wonder if they'll use one of Toho's kaiju like King Ghidorah or Rodan.

Depends on the monster. Legendary may have to pay bigger fees if they're going to use King Ghidorah and/or Mothra (the two most popular monsters in Japan besides Godzilla, and the most expensive to license). So, they'll probably either use monsters Toho considers to be B-list monsters (Angilas, Rodan, etc.), or make their own monster.

If they make their own monster, make a really good one.

Why am I ok with an American Godzilla being CGI but if there was a Japanese CGI Godzilla I'd be pissed off? lol