K

kamil88

857083d1ea856dfbcdd1f4e301b1fcf11414639706_full.jpg

Go! Princess PreCure is set in a boarding junior high school, named Noble Gakuen (Noble Academy). The protagonist Haruka Haruno is a 13-year-old first year student. Her big dream is to be a princess someday, because she has admired a princess in the picture book she has kept since her childhood. One day she transforms into Cure Flora with "Dress Up Key" which Prince Kanata of Hope Kingdom gave her as a good luck charm when she was little. Then she also finds other PreCure girls in her school, 14-year-old Minami Kaidou as Cure Mermaid and 13-year-old Kirara Amanogawa as Cure Twinkle. As the Princess PreCure team, with two fairies Pafu and Aroma, they decide to fight against
dark witch Disupia (or Despair) who hates all the dreams in the world and wants to turn them to despair.

After little break from Precure i took since Suite, i've decided to watch 1st episode of newest season, and i really liked it, Haruka is fun main character and her expressions are hilarious, even secondary characters, like Yui, are very likeable, and both Puff and Aroma are adorable, Close was very creepy. Fighting scene was very well choreographed and cool, i got hooked and definitely will continue to watch it

Quite a few fansubs groups are subbing it, i watched every single one, Commie, Doremi, MikaruSubs and Shimakaze. My favorite were Doremi and Shimakaze.

PARTY HARD
People in the CUreCast say they like the Mikaru one better. But I think I'll stick to DOremi myself.

I'm surprised HappinessCharge never got a thread...

So this was the first episode of Pretty Cure I've ever watched and overall it felt pretty much like a typical first episode of a henshin hero series - which is just fine for this toku fanboy. :thumbs: I was pretty much going in blind as I hadn't been following any of the build-up to the show, and while I wasn't expecting a macho power fantasy I must admit to being a little wary that it would just bash me over the head constantly with pink and frills and so on; But for the most part it actually avoided that despite the princess theme. Well, outside of the transformation sequence, but I've seen many toku series with transformation sequences that I didn't care for so that's not a deal breaker.

So yeah, cautiously optimistic. I'll try to stick with it, and hopefully at some point I'll finally have the time to go back and check out one of the previous seasons that Ivanhobe had recommended to me in another thread.

Random question, wasn't doremi the sub group that did Armor Hero and a bunch of Chinese dramas? Do they do anime subs now or are you referring to another group?

PARTY HARD
Doremi subs...largely did Magical Girl anime subs. They mostly brought about the Ojamajo Doremi series, but after some other series, they started releasing weekly episodes of Precure from...Heartcatch, I believe? I started with Suite Precure with them.

You can check out their brief history, as well as other works I have amended in this post, here: http://doremi-fansubs.com/index.php/topic,1747.0.html

I've figured it out. Doremi is the group that fansubs anime, including Precure. Doremii is the group that translates Chinese dramas. That's not confusing at all. :sweat:

How did episode one compare to previous debuts? Is it pretty typical or did this series have an unusual start?

K

kamil88

It introduced some new elements (Haruka having transformation key since little girl, all 3 girls not knowing each other) but overall, it was typical 1st episode :)

PARTY HARD
They eliminated some tropes:

Main girl avoids being smack-faced by fairies for one thing.