I started watching it for real now. The only thing I rarely looked in Gingaman was the Gingaman VS Megaranger and GoGoV VS Gingaman specials.

Now I am watching episode 2.

It is the first time I see a ranger able to beat a few generals straight in the first episode. I think all theses years I underestimated that series, propably because of my dad having all Lost Galaxy on VHS lol.

Well, I just started watching sentai (and other japanese tokusatsu, since I am like 11 . It was when I was gone to Japan to meet my biological grandparents. There, I seen the end of Dekaranger and start of Magiranger.

Of course, before that time, I was a huge fan of Power Rangers.

Gingaman is the first sentai I see where the members have 3 three type of fighting and master those 3 styles; Unarmed, Melee, Range

Thank you Toei to have done the 2 VS movies with Gingaman

The monsters' Role Call in Ginga VS Mega + How each of the rangers was able to defeat more than one MOTW at a time, and alone or in team of 2 when usualy it takes a full team of Rangers to defeat a single MOTW :D

And that awesome fight footage at the feet of the skyscrappers in GogoV VS Ginga.

Now i can't watch them all today.. but I think in like 2 weeks I will be done :)

Super Moderator
Gingaman is fun and it also has one of my favorite first episodes in all of Sentai.

I have always loved the scene at the very end when GingaRed is standing over the spot where his brother fell, staring at his sword. He's torn up with the loss and in even with the helmet on you just get this sense that he's feeling so freaking alone, but then the others cross their swords with his showing that they will stand with him in the battles to come. As allies, as friends, and as a kind of family.

Then they raise their crossed blades to the sky as Yuuta looks on. I adore the dramatic irony there that the little kid who doesn't believe in at all in legends is lone witness to the birth of one before his very eyes.

Some kind of Beast mode
This series has gotten undeserved criticism in the past. It is a very solid series. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Gingaman was awesome, IMO. I was hooked on it after about two episodes. Likable cast, good story, and some really nice dramatic moments throughout. Though what I most enjoyed was the Balban. Always liked the over all look and feel of that group.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Gingaman is fun and it also has one of my favorite first episodes in all of Sentai.

I have always loved the scene at the very end when GingaRed is standing over the spot where his brother fell, staring at his sword. He's torn up with the loss and in even with the helmet on you just get this sense that he's feeling so freaking alone, but then the others cross their swords with his showing that they will stand with him in the battles to come. As allies, as friends, and as a kind of family.

Then they raise their crossed blades to the sky as Yuuta looks on. I adore the dramatic irony there that the little kid who doesn't believe in at all in legends is lone witness to the birth of one before his very eyes.
THIS.

To be honest to, the acorn kid definitely kinda annoyed me. It's kind of a staple now in Sentai to have a character like that (Navi, Mint, Taku) but the acorn kid definitely annoyed me.

Ryouma. Man, I love bombastic reds, and Maehara definitely energized Ryouma's role call with his voice.

This series has gotten undeserved criticism in the past. It is a very solid series. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I don't get where the Gingaman hate comes from. Those that hate it talk like it's a given. I remember one guy saying he had no interest in watching what was considering one of the worst Sentais. :sly:

And the complaints are always the same: ugly costumes and horses.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I personally really like Gingaman. The Rangers being country kids is a very refreshing change from most modern Sentai, where all the heroes are middle class and fashionable even if they're supposedly not from earth

"Training."
I don't get where the Gingaman hate comes from. Those that hate it talk like it's a given. I remember one guy saying he had no interest in watching what was considering one of the worst Sentais. :sly:

And the complaints are always the same: ugly costumes and horses.

Well, I liked the series but hated the Gingaman suit designs. :redface2: :laugh: