Get On Up - The James Brown Story (SPOILER ALERT)

J

JoshPosh

I really liked this movie. It's not your traditional celebrity story where they start from the beginning of their lives and go in sequence with time. This one actually jumps around a lot but it worked really well. I'm sure he did more then what was shown on film, but they got the most memorable ones.

It was interesting to see where and how he grew up. I'm not surprised. But this movie was very entertaining and I loved how they ended the movie. I still can't get the ending song out of my head, "try me".

I highly recommend this movie for anyone that has an appreciation of music and it's roots.

MV5BMTY1NjAyMTUzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTM4NzQ4MTE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

I plan on seeing this at the weekend - it's impossible not to like James Brown's music, it's just so catchy and funky. So this film has a different format to the majority of biopics then? That's interesting, hopefully it won't detract too much from the actual story.

J

JoshPosh

I plan on seeing this at the weekend - it's impossible not to like James Brown's music, it's just so catchy and funky. So this film has a different format to the majority of biopics then? That's interesting, hopefully it won't detract too much from the actual story.
It's well done that way. Different from your typical doc. They caught the main parts that would make a good movie. From his meager beginnings to the up stardom, and the drug use. Anything he did that was mvie worth made it on this one. So yeah check it out.