Does anyone else despise this DVD company? It's criminal how expensive the DVD's are. There are no Inazuman subs online, and the only ones are on their DVDs. I would buy it in an instant... If it weren't for the fact that it is $89.95. Not only that, but they won't even release the second series. I was never as crushed as I was when "V3" finally came to market, and was priced at $160. I don't care how many bonus features there are, that's ripping off customers to the nth degree.

Lurker
Just because they're asking more than you want to pay for it doesn't mean they're ripping you off. There's only so much people in the US who are willing to even watch these kinds of shows from the 70s let alone pay money for it. Toei probably still charges an arm and a leg for them to license this show as well and wouldn't be happy if they were too cheap either cause of reverse importing. I'd say the prices are quite reasonable.

If 90$ is a lot of money to you then you've probably got bigger problems than not being able to watch Inazuman, depending on how old you are of course.

I don't do sense
They are not to blame for the pricing.
At least you're not paying $500 if you were living in Japan.

...Though arguably if you were you'd just rent.
OH WELL!

Just because they're asking more than you want to pay for it doesn't mean they're ripping you off. There's only so much people in the US who are willing to even watch these kinds of shows from the 70s let alone pay money for it. Toei probably still charges an arm and a leg for them to license this show as well and wouldn't be happy if they were too cheap either cause of reverse importing. I'd say the prices are quite reasonable.

If 90$ is a lot of money to you then you've probably got bigger problems than not being able to watch Inazuman, depending on how old you are of course.

You have problems if you DON'T think $90 is a lot of money for a DVD set.

Twitter - @MisturYellow
Its' nothing compared to Japanese DVDs.

This is another reason why subbed sentai wouldn't sell in the US apart from the Power Rangers problem.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
The average box set is $40-50. $90 for 25 episodes is just insane.
Have fun being rich.
Most of us are not rich. We are simply devoted and are willing to save to purchase something.

The reason the DVDs are so expensive is that tokusatsu is a tiny, tiny niche market in the U.S. There is no way that Generation Kikaida could obtain the license from Toei (which is very expensive by the way) and recoup the costs by selling the DVD sets for $40 - $50. That may work with some big series that virtually all Americans know about and is guaranteed to sell thousands of copies, but it isn't going to work with an obscure Japanese series from the 1970s. Also, GK does not do bare bone releases. Every set they come out with has interviews, facts, and lots more that make their releases more expensive.

I own every single release from GK save for Kikaida 01. I'm not rich by any means. If you don't want to pay for the DVDs because you think they're too expensive then that's your choice. However, their prices are fair considering the limited quantities they will sell, the extra features they include, and the considerable cost of obtaining the license from Toei.

BTW, if you check their site around the holidays and at other times, GK regularly has their items reduced by 10% ~ 15%. I picked up all of Kikaida for under $100.

The new Tendou Souji
That may work with some big series that virtually all Americans know about and is guaranteed to sell thousands of copies

I dunno, I saw some box-sets of Torchwood the other day at Newbury Comics for about 30-49 dollars and, would you say "virtually all Americans" know about that? (There was also this 14-disc set that was the whole dang series for like, 104 dollars which I laughed at. No way was I ever gonna have that much money :laugh:).