Gender Neutral acting award category, How feasible is that?

Oh the Misery
What a stupid idea! I would be very upset if the best actor/actress categories at award shows were combined. I completely agree that doing so would eventually result in more people losing out. Because there would be fewer categories, I believe there would be fewer nominees, despite the fact that there are many outstanding actors and actresses who should be honored simply by being nominated. With the best actor and actress, more individuals have the opportunity to win. Why should the 99% change for minority within a minority.

Imagine all the actresses who will lose their opportunities because the categories are merged. So much for fighting patriarchy. The Merger of categories of actor and actress will put actresses in disadvantage.

Staff member
People might reject themselves to identify with a male or a female, however, nature makes every individual either close to female or close to male. The distinction is natural and I don't much like the idea of gender neutrality anywhere including the awards.

It's not a good move and I don't think it will be followed in the world because it will put more discrimination against women and its not good.

Entertainment Enthusiast
Just give the non binaries or NB's their own category or maybe have the actors be titled like this: Best Performance in a male role and Best performance in a female role to give space to non binaries,

Imagine all the actresses who will lose their opportunities because the categories are merged. So much for fighting patriarchy. The Merger of categories of actor and actress will put actresses in disadvantage.
As this could be happen how is a big propability or could not be happened and people like the merge of category then the two propabilities are possible.

Emma Corrin loves claiming they are Enby and LGBT but keeps playing female roles, keeps dressing up as a female and dates men exclusively. They want gender neutral pronouns but keep doing female things while not wanting to be seen as female. I have a feeling that Emma is just a straight woman trying to claim being nonbinary to get LGBT support.