Mad Skillz
Secondly, do you even have proof that they stole MFC's subs? Or are you just basing this on accusations that someone told you they did? Maybe Shout! asked them for the translations or maybe MFC offered, but neither is allowed to speak about it per the contracts. There are too many variables involved to even bother getting flustered over something so frivolous.

Okay, right, so this is a straight up ignorant view point to hold. You're saying it's okay to steal someone else's work as long as the product is official? Come on, that's a joke and you know it. Yes, fansubs are technically not legal, but they exist in a grey zone these days of studios being okay with them until an official release as they encourage interest in an official product, be it home media or a figure or whatever. Regardless, the people who sub the shows are making zero profit from them, it's a passion project. MFC sent their offered their scripts to Shout as part of the QC process, never heard a word back from them and bam, the subs are on the official release. This is plagiarism, simple fact. It's worse if you have another group of translators contracted by Shout taking credit for work that is obviously not their own.

Captain
My point was that if you don't have time or money to support the official Sentai DVDs then you don't have the time or money to be part of this fandom. We don't need self entitled moochers like you that feel you deserve to enjoy these shows for free.

BTW, kid, really? :laugh: I bet I'm older than you.

And your point is invalid, you have absolutely no say in what people in this fandom do or don't do. I think it's best if you just mind your own business and if I don't wanna support some half assed company that can't do it's own work, then that is what I am going to do, that is my choice. I will continue to support the fansubbers who have busted their asses day in and day out getting shows out to the people who watch and enjoy them, they deserve more credit than they get a lot of the time. You will live a hell of a lot longer if you don't try to concern yourself with what everyone else does, what I choose to do is my right, what you have to say pretty much means jack squat in the bigger picture so I suggest you mellow out and not make such assumptions about people you don't even know, kinda makes you look like a douchebag.

Older than me? I'm 36, your move.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Okay grandpa, you're older than me by 2 years. :p

I fully disagree with you and I think true fans are willing to support their fandom whenever the opportunity is given to them.

Now I have no idea if you are like this, and I hope not, but I have a friend who has torrented more than 3,000 anime series and does not drop a dime on a single official release or anything because he feels entitled to own them for free, yet still considers himself a fan. How the hell is he a fan if he doesn't actually support the industry, he just steals from it?

D

Dr Kain

Okay, right, so this is a straight up ignorant view point to hold. You're saying it's okay to steal someone else's work as long as the product is official? Come on, that's a joke and you know it. Yes, fansubs are technically not legal, but they exist in a grey zone these days of studios being okay with them until an official release as they encourage interest in an official product, be it home media or a figure or whatever. Regardless, the people who sub the shows are making zero profit from them, it's a passion project. MFC sent their offered their scripts to Shout as part of the QC process, never heard a word back from them and bam, the subs are on the official release. This is plagiarism, simple fact. It's worse if you have another group of translators contracted by Shout taking credit for work that is obviously not their own.

Can you point me to the post where they said this? Also, can you prove to me that the subs are 100% identical. Because I've watched both and I'm quite certain there were differences in the scripts. And again, as I said, there are too may variables involved in this that until one of them states it as such, all we have is speculation.

Captain
Okay grandpa, you're older than me by 2 years. :p

I fully disagree with you and I think true fans are willing to support their fandom whenever the opportunity is given to them.

Now I have no idea if you are like this, and I hope not, but I have a friend who has torrented more than 3,000 anime series and does not drop a dime on a single official release or anything because he feels entitled to own them for free, yet still considers himself a fan. How the hell is he a fan if he doesn't actually support the industry, he just steals from it?

Oh no lol I am definitely not that bad when it comes to torrents. My goal mostly is just to have all the Super Sentai series I like backed up, the original Japanese Yugioh series subbed, and a couple of Kamen Rider series that I really like, that's mostly it. I have bought a few anime series here and there when I've had the funds to do so, got a decent collection that I have built up over the years. The largest anime I have ever torrented would be the latter half of Lupin III part 2 and that's only because North America never got it which sucks because it's a great series, imo, bought all 15 DVDs they released before they stopped halfway thru the series. At one point, I even had almost the entire Buu Saga of DBZ, used to go to Media Play the second they came out and buy them. Have bought quite a few anime series off of Amazon as well, definitely my goto place when I need to find a series.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
This reminds me that I should at some point probably buy one of these sets.... Then I realized I have very little disposable income. On top of that, because Megaranger is the only sentai series thus far I have disliked, I will not be supporting that release if/when Shout! decides to release it here.

Also can we have Shout! start bringing over pre-Zyuranger sentai? They could do what DiscoTek is doing and start with streams and give physical releases if they receive mass view points.

I think it's good to support the official release. If the DVD set is too much money for you, just wait for the price to drop. I can get why people don't like fan subbers. People do believe that fan subs hurt the industry. The people at Bang Zoom blame fan subs for hurting the anime industry and is why companies like Tokyo Pop, Streamline Pictures, Geneon Entertainment USA, Urban Vision, Central Park Media, Bandai Entertainment and ADV Films are no longer in business.

If people want more official releases, they have to buy them to show that there is a market for it.

Dr Kain pretending he's a more qualified and better fan than others? Nothing new to see here, folks.

What Shout did was a dick move, plain and simple. Maybe instead of stealing fansubs, they could maybe hire the fansubbers if they like their work so much. That's what Crunchyroll did and it's benefited everyone.

Also, calling Carranger smart and not raunchy when there's 2 ass licking jokes in the first 2 episodes. Yeah, okay, keep your nostalgia goggles on.

D

Dr Kain

This reminds me that I should at some point probably buy one of these sets.... Then I realized I have very little disposable income.

Keep your eye out for sales. Zyuranger went on sale last year for $22. Frankly, I think $40 is steal since that is less than $1 an episode.

On top of that, because Megaranger is the only sentai series thus far I have disliked, I will not be supporting that release if/when Shout! decides to release it here.

I'll buy every series released even the garbage like ToQ, Gosei, and Nin just to support the official releases.

Also can we have Shout! start bringing over pre-Zyuranger sentai? They could do what DiscoTek is doing and start with streams and give physical releases if they receive mass view points.

I'd really love them to do Jetman and then I'd like to finally get to see more than a handful of episodes for Changeman and Flashman.

Oh no lol I am definitely not that bad when it comes to torrents. My goal mostly is just to have all the Super Sentai series I like backed up, the original Japanese Yugioh series subbed, and a couple of Kamen Rider series that I really like, that's mostly it. I have bought a few anime series here and there when I've had the funds to do so, got a decent collection that I have built up over the years. The largest anime I have ever torrented would be the latter half of Lupin III part 2 and that's only because North America never got it which sucks because it's a great series, imo, bought all 15 DVDs they released before they stopped halfway thru the series. At one point, I even had almost the entire Buu Saga of DBZ, used to go to Media Play the second they came out and buy them. Have bought quite a few anime series off of Amazon as well, definitely my goto place when I need to find a series.

Boy do I remember the days of those DBZ releases. I only ended up buying Cell Games and the Trunks Saga on DVD until the orange brick sets came out. Now I have the Dragon Boxes for Z, which is all I need for that series while I Have Kai on BD.

People do believe that fan subs hurt the industry. The people at Bang Zoom blame fan subs for hurting the anime industry and is why companies like Tokyo Pop, Streamline Pictures, Geneon Entertainment USA, Urban Vision, Central Park Media, Bandai Entertainment and ADV Films are no longer in business.

One of my friends is in charge of Funimation's licensing department (and DVD/BD production) and she has definitely said that bootlegs hurt the industry more than people think. That's why they try to stream every show possible as they air in Japan.

What Shout did was a dick move, plain and simple. Maybe instead of stealing fansubs, they could maybe hire the fansubbers if they like their work so much. That's what Crunchyroll did and it's benefited everyone.

Once again, give me proof.

Also, calling Carranger smart and not raunchy when there's 2 ass licking jokes in the first 2 episodes. Yeah, okay, keep your nostalgia goggles on.

1. Since when is an ass licking joke raunchy? And oh no, they make an ass licking joke, how horrible. Hell, we have a moron about to take presidential office that has actually sexually assaulted women but heaven forbid fictional characters make a lick joke.

2. How can you have nostalgia goggles on for something you didn't watch as a child? In America, the nostalgia goggles would be for MMPR NOT any Sentai show.

3. Regardless of what you consider raunchy, Carranger is still a far better written Sentai series than most of them out there.

1. Since when is an ass licking joke raunchy? And oh no, they make an ass licking joke, how horrible. Hell, we have a moron about to take presidential office that has actually sexually assaulted women but heaven forbid fictional characters make a lick joke.

Bill Clinton is not the President-elect.