Garou: Mark of the Wolves/Fatal Fury will have a sequel

Administrator
Staff member
Garou: Mark of the Wolves was released on November 26, 1999 but there are still tournaments for this game. This cult classic was supposed to be a sequel to Fatal Fury.
It was the 9th episode of the Fatal Fury Saga. Fans had been longing for a sequel but there was a dark time when SNK stop making games in favor of Pachinko machines. After the acquisition of SNK, the game developers now have the funds to make new games and revive sleeping IPs.

Fans have been waiting for a sequel, but SNK’s silent treatment killed all hope. Many younger fans have no idea that the King of Fighters was originally a crossover game SNK Games. I guess because the games where the characters originated have no sequels anymore, new original KOF characters have joined the roster over the years.

Characters from Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, and Samurai Shodown are not supposed to meet. Samurai...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I always want to know how the Fatal Fury characters had been doing in the Garou Timeline. I never thought this game will have a sequel. I hope SNK will revive their other IPs.

Sleepy Coffee
It is the final installment in the "Fatal Fury" series before SNK decided to focus solely on Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown, and King of Fighter games. It serves as SNK's response to Street Fighter III: Third Strike, which was released around the same time. The gameplay is excellent, and the sprites are lovely. It has a roster that is largely all new.Due of the lack of a follow-up, I believe it has a "rabid following" in the main. Now if only Capcom will follow suit and make a Darkstalkers 4.

To people who are unfamiliar, this documentary explains everything on why this game is so great and deserves better:

Tower Climber
This is the epitome of 2D sprite-based fighting games from my younger days, along with Street Fighter III 3rd Strike and Marvel vs Capcom 2. It's a tragedy that the canceled sequel was abandoned after the Garou team made 70% of its development. I wonder if they'll carry on with that or start over.

She took the kids Ryu
I applaud you, SNK, and right now I feel like I'm on top of the world.There will be a sequel to the finest 2D SNK game ever, which also happens to be my personal favorite. This is extremely exciting. Really, you guys made my year!Once more, I want to thank you for fulfilling my dream. This is something I never thought will happen.

I kinda hope we see Mai, Blue Mary,Andy and Billy redesigned like how terry was . I know it's supposed to be next gen chars but I want to see what they are up to. I mean classic Street Fighter characters returned after Street Fighter III.

You know what? It is nice to see fatal fury separate from KOF again.

I Would prefer a sequel to continue with sprites instead of polygon art. 32 bit sprite art except with even more frame arts per second.