Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Above and beyond, though, I love the show as a showcase for Keita Amemiya's crazy-awesome designwork. That man is a golden god! And despite the CGIspam that I normally hate so much, GARO is a visual feast.

So much of what they do in GARO would be completely impossible without using CGI, so I usually don't get the same "spam" feeling that I get sometimes from other series that use it simply because they can. In GARO it felt like the CGI was being used, instead of the other way around.

That's why it generally didn't bother me in the same way it does in other shows. Like Kamen Rider Double, for instance.

Nice post!!
GARO also put effort into CG integration that Toei rarely bothers with-- in GARO it's much easier to believe the CG exists in the same universe as the suits. You see the CG interacting with human or suit actors more frequently and in convincing fashion.

Honestly if you think blood & naked woman are the reason why garo rocks you're a freaking idiot who has not even watched the show :p

Ryukendo is another fun series as well but nothing on par with garo its just ... FUN :D

Now Shibuya 15! Another of my fave series well worth watching... is on par with garo! & no it has nothing to do with girls kisisng though thats always cool just like naked ladies :p Is not the reasons at all why these series rock! All I can is watch these shows for you're self & find out! Ignore any "hype " or anything else that you have read & simply watch & enjoy... or hell hate it for all I care but at least you can have a honest opinion on it

Matrix of Leadership
More action scenes automatically equals better? What were wrong with Agito's battles? Are there really more action scenes in Garo to begin with?

There's that overused, lost-all-meaning word again. Badass, badass, badass.

What was so "badass' about Kouga? He wore a trenchcoat and waved a sword around? He lived in a giant house? What is so great about a guy (who granted I don't dislike, I don't care one way or the other toward him) who can't emote to save his life, other than his compassion for one girl?

"You killed my lover! Or someone who looked like you did, anyway. I hate you! RAWWWRRR!"

Yep, that's real original and creative. No one ever did that before.

Design-wise, maybe. But plotwise? What did the Unknowns do that place them so high above the Unknowns? Just looking cool doesn't cut it now. Give me an actual thing they did.

Of course there is a chance. Everyone goes on and on about how much of a masterpiece Garo is, yet can't give reasons beyond what you just provided. This isn't an attack on the show. I like it. But among the greatest shows ever? Come on...[/QUOTE]

Okay and people, who overhype on agito, call it a masterpiece too. When Agito wasn't even the best Hesei Rider Series.

The characters are all well-drawn. I know you disagree, Black Fang, but I like Kouga being this ice box who has trouble opening up no matter how much he's grown emotionally. It works really well if you consider him to be the eccentric Kaoru's straight man. And I really do adore Kaoru.

It's not that Kouga has trouble expressing his emotions. It's that Hiroki Konishi does a mediocre to poor job of doing it. Whenever he goes from casual to a look of anger, for instance, it looks so fake. In terms of acting, he can't emote well. So in that regard, it's more performance than character bio. I'm not calling him a terrible character. It's this "he's badass!" sillyness when he didn't really do any "badass" (God what a stupid word) things that is irritating.

But there really isn't anything extraordinary about Kouga. I like him more than, say, Minami Kotaro, who is probably one of the dullest toku heroes ever, but compared to Godai Yuusuke, Kido Shinji, many Ultra heroes, etc. he's not really that inspiring. Most of Kouga's admirable moments where I did like his actions involved Kaoru and him protecting her.

Actually, that is one thing I liked about Kouga: his constant sarcasm and put downs toward Karou, whom he is in truth fond of. Those kind of relationships are usually fun, better than predictable and cliched "lovey dovey" scenarios. (Like Jetman's Ryuu/Rie. Those two were mushy-mushy to the point of absurdity.) Kouga would never give an "I love you" type speech to Kaoru like you may see in typical romantic setups in media. He's above that nonsense. But through his actions toward her you know how he feels. And actions mean more than a bunch of silly words strung together.

GARO also has and keeps a consistent atmosphere throughout the whole series, unlike, say, Kamen Rider Kabuto's ADD rollercoaster. The show wasn't without comic relief but it was comic relief that worked well within the already-established atmosphere without turning the tone of the show on its head for a laugh. That's commendable.

That we can agree on.

Okay and people, who overhype on agito, call it a masterpiece too. When Agito wasn't even the best Hesei Rider Series.

1) Agito is a masterpiece.

2) It's one of the best. But what is the best Heisei show, then? I'd love to know.

3) Agito truly deserves all the hype it gets. (At least from those who actually have seen the show rather than just going with the crowd saying "Yeah, it rocks!"). The closest Toei came to mimicking Agito's excellence was Ryuki, and even that show fell short thanks to its last 10 episodes.

Matrix of Leadership
okay okay. here is how this is going to end. EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN OPPINION. You say Agito is the best, I say its not.

I say Garo is one of the best Toku, you disagree.

STOP TRYING TO PROVE ME WRONG.

Cause there is no right or wrong here, everyone has there own oppinion. I liked Agito, but it sometimes is way overhyped. It is one of the bst Hesei series. Is it the best, NOT IN MY EYES. In yours, yes it is.

So to end this silly little thing, your WRONG, and im WRONG. Because in each other's oppinions, WERE BOTH WRONG.

Hows that for you?

Eye See You
okay okay. here is how this is going to end. EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN OPPINION. You say Agito is the best, I say its not.

I say Garo is one of the best Toku, you disagree.

STOP TRYING TO PROVE ME WRONG.

Cause there is no right or wrong here, everyone has there own oppinion. I liked Agito, but it sometimes is way overhyped. It is one of the bst Hesei series. Is it the best, NOT IN MY EYES. In yours, yes it is.

So to end this silly little thing, your WRONG, and im WRONG. Because in each other's oppinions, WERE BOTH WRONG.

Hows that for you?

Go watch Garo and make an opinon for urself.