Keith "JC" Hayward said:
What's the word and how reliable is it that TVN'll sub it all and not drop it?

Lately is seems more likely that they'll pick up another mech anime than sub any toku.

Just a note, for the most part Anarion lists shows alphabetically. If that helps.

Mikazuki said:
http://www.anarion.cjb.net/

I'm too impatient for Anarion and so I use Winny which is where the raws come from for Anarion and TVN (and most other groups) come from.

I tried using winny but I couldn't get it to display the Japanese text I entered. What am I dong wrong, and is there an English help page I missed?

There's nothing wrong with Jitterbugger's script, I've checked it over myself and was quite pleased with the translation and grammar. From the horror stories I've heard of TV-N's grammar and whatnot, I think Jitterbug's script is much more worth watching than a TV-N sub. Maybe someone will ask to do a hardsub of his scripts if you're so desperate for a hardsub. Also Jitterbugger's D-addicts post with the GARO script has a link to anarion in case you don't know how to reach his site. As well as on D-addicts' subtitles forum there is a short faq to help view softsubs as well as the zip with the script also has some help on how to view softsubs.

Banned
I just watched Garo again using the softsubs and Winamp.

My file is 牙狼 GARO 第01話 「絵本」(WMV9 QL90 640x480 30fps) [CRC_E5FA].avi and the ssa was called Garo01.ssa, I renamed the SSA to match the AVI name and clicked on Winamp and the sub loaded itself. I have other programs installed from when I was typesetting so it autoloads for me so long as the SSA's name matches the AVI name.

As for his subs... The timing is good. So far I didn't come across anything that's really off. The translations are pretty good. I'll have to remember to continue downloading his softsubs for Garo.

Mikazuki said:
I just watched Garo again using the softsubs and Winamp.

My file is 牙狼 GARO 第01話 「絵本」(WMV9 QL90 640x480 30fps) [CRC_E5FA].avi and the ssa was called Garo01.ssa, I renamed the SSA to match the AVI name and clicked on Winamp and the sub loaded itself. I have other programs installed from when I was typesetting so it autoloads for me so long as the SSA's name matches the AVI name.

As for his subs... The timing is good. So far I didn't come across anything that's really off. The translations are pretty good. I'll have to remember to continue downloading his softsubs for Garo.

Nice work, hopefully others will follow what you did to view the subs, don't necessarily need winamp as other players work too, but the renaming is important. Other programs I'm guessing you mean by "VobSub" considering installing that gives you the TextSub filter for Vdub which you need for typesetting.

Glad someone else was able to provide feedback, I'm sure Jitterbugger would love to hear your feedback on D-addicts, you could register and post in the subtitle subject to know he has more supporters out there, who knows how long he'll keep going if it seems like not many watch his subs. I personally like the D-addicts community, they're quite friendly and helpful.

Banned
Kyusaku said:
Other programs I'm guessing you mean by "VobSub" considering installing that gives you the TextSub filter for Vdub which you need for typesetting.

Yes.