garo.jpg

Just got episode one from Anarion.

Wow, I'm really impressed with this series so far. The talking ring actually reminds me of Byakkoshinken, strangely enough. The monster desings where very wll done as was its CGI. Garo looks amazing as does his transformation sequence, and so far this looks to have a promising story. I can hardly wait for more.

I might also add that this series would be perfect as part of Media Blaster's Tokyo Shock collection.

Soft Subs available here:
http://d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23159

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really impressed with this so far, the concepts are all right but...meh I really would like some story please. So the female lead is former Orchid Undead... :redface2: I'm hoping her acting abilities have improved...

And the music is a lot of classical, sorry FK no guitar riffing.

Banned
The English narrative was a nice change. lol The opening song was pretty good... reminds me of another show but I can't place what one. The music suited the opening credits (I can see Japanese Brush font being used in the subs or another similar font). The closing credits wasn't too bad, I actually liked both songs (can't wait to order the music). As for the actual ep... My opinions.

It most certainly not a show I'd watch around my kids. lol I liked the wire work done and the fighting sequences.

Is that a shrink the main female character is seeing... because of the dreams from childhood?

The main hero comes off a bit like Batman with that butler of his. lol He's a hottie that's for sure. The ring of his is... creepy. LOL His transformation from hottie to the gold armored wolf was pretty good.

I liked the ep overall - better then Sazer X. Is this another 12 ep series like Sh15uya?

Fear the glasses!!
Hmm...I'm totally split on this show. I liked the music, the fight sequences were breathtaking, and it has a compelling story (it seems like). What I'm ambivalent on, the motifs they choose...especially if it's just GIMMICKS, but not a central part to the overall story...End verdict: I think I'll keep watching...

Mad Skillz
Am I the only one that thinks the guy in th white trench coat looks like Kaiba from Yugiou?

That aside, like what I've seen so far.

Eye See You
After seeing the JM clips of episode 1 I must say I got the same feeling in the pit of my stomach like when I was a PR only fan and then watched Kamen Rider Kuuga. It completely blew me away.

This series is what I WANT in Tokusatsu. Darkness, Epicness, and everything else in the middle.

I swear this series it going to be something special. Hopefully Toei and even Toho will catch this and open their eyes and drop the comedy **** and turn Tokusatsu back to what I think it should be.

The Garo suit is incredible. The dude is like 7 feet tall and the gold is just amazing.

WoW!.

I really really hope someone subs all 26 of these Garo episodes.