Would like to change his avatar
Makoto Yokoyama (of Sh15uya, Kamen Rider the First and some PR I don't really know about) is the action director.

Obviously, the stiff and boring pretty boy(s) don't do their own stuff -- not only do I spot some really bad doubles at times, but anybody can do **** on wires, that takes no talent. When Keanu Reeves can be made to look like he knows martial arts just by wires pulling him along like a marionette, then anyone can do it with two weeks prep, don't you think? That's not impressive. Give me good old fashioned stunt-people who actually know their stuff and can do seemingly impossible stuff without any sort of aid -- you know, sort of like Jackie Chan, before he got old, lazy and sold out.

Defender of the Realm
Keith "JC" Hayward said:
This is definately turning out to be the kind of Tokusatsu I've always wanted.

Episode 6

Starting out with everything I could ever want. Monsters, sword, martial arts, flying headstones, and hookers. :thumbs:

He has arrived..... the other Makai Knight. :198:

So far this show's given me everything I've ever asked for. Now all it needs is a third guy who's cooler than both the Knights to be their villian... or a third woman.

All this show needs is a single heavy hitter badass motherfuckin' villian. I hope they deliver.

What rotten luck! Her new boss just blew up! :laugh:

Her reaction was pretty good, "Again?!"

Goddamn, who is the action choreographer they got for this show!? Lotta this reminds me of what Koichi would do if he didn't have rules to follow.

So that's his name... Suzumara Rei.... also known as Zero.

Fuckin' awesome.

And the next episode they throw down. This is gonna be GOOD! :dance:

Yeah, Ep 6 is my favorite thus far. This is a great series.

boogie woogie feng shui
Keith, Koichi was never a PR stuntman, just a general stuntman in Japan and a couple US projects. He doesn't do anything but direct and choreograph nowadays.

Keith "JC" Hayward said:
What I've been meaning to ask is, does Kouga do his own stunts, cuz it looks like it. And if so, do he and Zero have martial art training or are they good at faking it?

Nah, you can definitely tell there's several different doubles (fight double, acrobatics double, wire double, although the acrobatics and wire double might be the same guy).

Shougo Kuroiwa said:
Makoto Yokoyama (of Sh15uya, Kamen Rider the First and some PR I don't really know about) is the action director.

Yokoyama has never done any extensive PR choreography... the main connection there comes from the technical supervisor, Yuji Naguchi.

And I'm not diggin' that Jackie Chan comment... you can't hold it against the guy that he's getting old, but lazy and sold out...? Have you even seen any of his newer films?

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
Yeah, seriously. Jackie? Lazy?

The man jumped out of a six story building in London just to exit an interview.

Bolt said:
And I'm not diggin' that Jackie Chan comment... you can't hold it against the guy that he's getting old, but lazy and sold out...? Have you even seen any of his newer films?

I don't know, I think stuff like Shanghai Noon, The Tuxedo, Rush Hour, The Medallion and so on and so on are pretty shitty. But, that's his Hollywood ****, so...

Yeah, I can't hold it against him for getting old. But I liked it when his thing was "none of that wussy wire **** like Jet Li prances around with," but now he's using wires. He was probably better off retiring at some point, but nobody in show-biz really knows when the hell to call it quits.

boogie woogie feng shui
If you think Jackie can't still move, you should check out New Police Story or see his newest film (directed by Stanley Tong), The Myth. He's been putting out some lame stuff like you said but after watching these 2 movies there's no doubt in my mind that he still has no competition in today's martial arts movie world. He's still faster, braver, and more agile (and less corrupted by modern action cliches and devices) than pretty much anyone has been in the last 10 years. The Myth is especially good at showcasing this as it has many (albeit shorter) fights that are completely unwired, unsped, and unchopped, and you get to see more classic, innovative Jackie-style stunts (like a chase/fight in a glue factory).

Okay guys, you've been taking threads off topic a bit too much lately. Again, I'll ask that you make a thread for your discussion.

It's a good discussion, but should be elaborated on elsewhere, please.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnyway.....

Garo.... Episode 7.

Goddamn! :buttrock:

Keith "JC" Hayward said:
Okay guys, you've been taking threads off topic a bit too much lately. Again, I'll ask that you make a thread for your discussion.

What? It didn't go that far off-topic! We were talking about bad action, which Garo has plenty of. So it all came back to Garo, no big deal.

Besides, what other post was held up? The 1400th post ejaculating over how "GARO IS THU BESTEST!!! LOOK HOW GOOD THE TERRIBLE SFX IS! IT'S SOOOO DARK AND THAT'S THE WAY EVERY SHOW SHOULD BE! WOO WOO!"...:shrug:

Anyway, it's just a rule that once Rei Fujita joins a show, it's time for the viewer to exit.