Think I hated most about those gorram HK subtitles. Some characters names just never stuck with me, so I'm reduced to calling him Lawyer Bagon. :p

Great Sage-Equal of Heaven
Am I the only one that suddenly can't DL the raws from Anarion? It says something along the lines of I need to register o_O

If that's the case, that's the biggest upset since they stopped putting up the Hibiki raws ;_;

Banned
Kimiden said:
Am I the only one that suddenly can't DL the raws from Anarion? It says something along the lines of I need to register o_O

If that's the case, that's the biggest upset since they stopped putting up the Hibiki raws ;_;

I don't use his site since I grab directly off Winny but I did go check out his site @ http://www.anarion.cjb.net/ to see if I have any connection problems and I don't.

This is definately turning out to be the kind of Tokusatsu I've always wanted.

Episode 6

Starting out with everything I could ever want. Monsters, sword, martial arts, flying headstones, and hookers. :thumbs:

He has arrived..... the other Makai Knight. :198:

So far this show's given me everything I've ever asked for. Now all it needs is a third guy who's cooler than both the Knights to be their villian... or a third woman.

All this show needs is a single heavy hitter badass motherfuckin' villian. I hope they deliver.

What rotten luck! Her new boss just blew up! :laugh:

Her reaction was pretty good, "Again?!"

Goddamn, who is the action choreographer they got for this show!? Lotta this reminds me of what Koichi would do if he didn't have rules to follow.

So that's his name... Suzumara Rei.... also known as Zero.

Fuckin' awesome.

And the next episode they throw down. This is gonna be GOOD! :dance:

Could someone hook me up with a screencap of Kouga and Zero going head to head and another of them facing off?

boogie woogie feng shui
Keith "JC" Hayward said:
Goddamn, who is the action choreographer they got for this show!? Lotta this reminds me of what Koichi would do if he didn't have rules to follow.

I know Yuji Naguchi serves as a technical supervisor, and he's one of the upper junior members of Alpha Stunts, so there you go. Personally, I like the action in Garo, but whenever they try to get Kouga's actor (or really any of the show's actors that aren't stuntmen) to do the fighting, it's really weak.

Edit: And what rules does Koichi have to follow...?

Keith "JC" Hayward said:
What rotten luck! Her new boss just blew up! :laugh:

Her reaction was pretty good, "Again?!"

Her new boss looked like a cheap pimp anyway.

Bolt said:
I know Yuji Naguchi serves as a technical supervisor, and he's one of the upper junior members of Alpha Stunts, so there you go. Personally, I like the action in Garo, but whenever they try to get Kouga's actor (or really any of the show's actors that aren't stuntmen) to do the fighting, it's really weak.

Edit: And what rules does Koichi have to follow...?

Koichi's the head stuntman of Power Rangers. You really can't let loose in that show for all out violence, espeically human to human combat. With the safety off the heroes and villians on this show are free to cut, slash, kick and whatever the hell they want.

So, Alpha Stunts? The guys that did the stunt action for Power Ranger? Sweet! :198:

boogie woogie feng shui
No, Koichi is the producer and one of two main choreographers (and part of the time, director), not a stuntman (anymore). And I know what you mean about the violence, but there's nothing keeping him from going back to more traditional martial arts choreography (like Season 2/3, the best seasons for PR fights) except for the urge for trendier wirework and CGI.

And the people that do Garo's choreography aren't really the same ones that did PR's fights, they just work for different branches of the same stunt group (so they've been trained by the same people... Nakamura, Sakamoto, Koike, Kurata, etc).

So ka. And as head stuntman, I meant it in a general term of.... well, whatever. I wasn't aware that he actually was a stuntie in PR once tho.

Fight-wise, my favorite seasons have been PRT-PRTF. PRLG was my absolute fave tho.

Back on topic tho. Their style of fighting shows. Definately reminds me of my favorite eras, with a bit more added violence to it. Fast, innovative, intricate and pounding.

What I've been meaning to ask is, does Kouga do his own stunts, cuz it looks like it. And if so, do he and Zero have martial art training or are they good at faking it?