Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I remember Kouga going to Amon to get his lighter fixed, didn't remember if he did a checkup on Zaruba as well. Also, this is a different Zaruba...

Yeah, I really don't remember (which is sad since I just finished the first series a few weeks ago:redface2:). I think Zaruba's problem was just a plot device to re-introduce Jabi into the series.

S

scikaiju

Ok, I'm confused about 13... What happened to Zaruba? No one was at all surprised that he was having problems, but there was no foreshadowing that I can remember that would suggest it. :sly:

Well they said it was happening quicker than they suspected, which suggests at least Kouga knew it was coming. Maybe it was something Zaruba went through after Amon gave him to his father and had to go through it again since Rei fixed him at the end of the first series.

Now stagnant water causing him to catch on fire.. yeah you got me there.

J

Juspion

Maybe the Sensui that runs inside Zaruba is the source of his power and when it's stagnant it's time to purify it again.

[HIDE]Episode 14:
Kenji Matsuda is so cool as Shijima Wataru / Raimei Kishi Baron, unfortunately, he's just a guest star. Turns out he was once acquainted with Kouga, I think he used to train Kouga. Tsubasa appears and it turns out he also got the Hametsu no Kokuin, probably almost all of the Makai Kishi has been cursed with it. Cool double-team between Kouga and Tsubasa against Wataru / Baron. Episode 15: flashback to Kouga's childhood and practice in the village he showed Kaoru in season 1 episode 21[/HIDE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just some minor opinions...

Regarding...

Zaruba; I agree to some of the opinions provided here at this forum. The Zaruba from season one, Kouga inherited him from his father, thus Taiga was really the original owner/master of Zaruba. That Zaruba had a more calmer/matured way of speaking/expressing his opinions. Moreover, he acted rather more like a mentor/teacher towards Kouga than his familiar.
On the otherside, the Zaruba (current) from Makaisenki has lost all his previous memories of Priest Amon, Taiga and Kouga after he's been fixed at the end of season one. The current Zaruba only acknowledges Kouga as his original owner. Furthermore, his personality is little bit different; he speaks more recklessly, doesn't have a lot of patience, as well as posses a bit more darker and tongue twisted sense of humor. He has the tendency to tease Kouga and Kaoru repeatedly. :sweat:

Raimei Kishi Baron/Thunder Knight Baron: I'm a little confused regarding this knight. I thought he was killed and absorbed by the Dark Knight in "Kiba" already? :eyebrow: Or is it that there are more than one Baron out there? Like there could be more than one Garo as well?

the rank of Makai Knight; do they even have a rank among them?

(I think I'll also take these questions over to the GARO FANS CLUB at Facebook to see what kind of input I'll get over there. :laugh:)

See you around, guys :thumbs:

Garo, I believe is the Top of the line. Or at least the most famous, due to Kouga's family being so powerful. (It is gold, while the others are silver and whatnot.)

And Knights do have rank... Kouga is working for the Senate, which is higher than what he was doing last season. The first episode showed that.

Bloodline and Armor

From what I could understand, the Saejima's bloodline has possessed the title of GARO and its Golden Armor for at least the last three generations (Kouga's being the third). However, what I don't understand is, what decides which armor a makai knight is going to possess, your bloodline or your makai power?

Episode 14 = new makai knight = AWESOME.

Although i was a little dissapointed that Baron´s amor is almost a repaint of
Bado´s, perhaps they were crafted together?

J

Juspion

Episode 14 = new makai knight = AWESOME.

Although i was a little dissapointed that Baron´s amor is almost a repaint of
Bado´s, perhaps they were crafted together?

Perhaps this is true, considering their titles are actually connected. Bado is Fuun Kishi (Knight of the Storm) and Baron is Raimei Kishi (Knight of the Thunder).

Regarding the bloodline or power, all I know from a from a friend of mine who have read the official gaiden novel of Garo, Garo:ankoku makaikishi-hen, new knights who have just shed their apprenticeship are not given armor yet. So perhaps both bloodline and power are considered here, maybe their armor are put on hold until their predecessor and/or superior allowed him to wear it

Just saw ep14:buttrock:

[HIDE]Muhahaha! I dont know if it was intentional, but this episode had many references to Kiva. Kenji Matsuda (Jiro from Kiva) wears blue armor based on a wolf, plus he's named Wataru.:laugh:

Man, this guy deserves his own show. Amemiya, give this guy a spinoff!

It's nice to see Tsubasa too! And awesome fight scene![/HIDE]