S

scikaiju

Since there's some interest already let's get a official thread going. Considering how few responses the the previous Garo series episode threads had I think we'll stick with the one thread this time around.

D

Dr Kain

That's probably because no one likes Ryuga, so no one bothered to watch last year's series after how terrible TOWSID was.

They missed out. It was the best toku show of 2015 by a long margin. Even if not, there was Masahiro Inoue chewing scenery like a motherfucker.

Personally I prefer Ryuga to Gary Stu Saejima curbstomping everything.

Waiting for the subs, but this could turn out to be an interesting one, depending on who comes back and what stories they tell with those characters.

D

Dr Kain

Ryuga was bland and boring. He also didn't fight Horrors, he fought Majini, which were way weaker and he still had a hard time. Please tell me the second series with him actually had him use the armor in the episode for more than 20 seconds. Oh, and that it wasn't just some ugly CGI thing the entire time.

As for it being the best Toku last year, well, your only options are Garo, Ninninger, Drive, and Ghost, so that isn't saying much.

That's probably because no one likes Ryuga, so no one bothered to watch last year's series after how terrible TOWSID was.

Uh no many people did watched Gold Storm and was a major improvement over The One Shines into The Darkness and The Makai Flower. But how would know since you stop watching Garo so don't based assumptions of what you don't know.

D

Dr Kain

Uh no many people did watched Gold Storm and was a major improvement over The One Shines into The Darkness and The Makai Flower. But how would know since you stop watching Garo so don't based assumptions of what you don't know.

I know I hate Ryuga. I know I hate that version of Garo. I don't need to watch Gold Storm to know I will hate it.

And how do you get that I stopped watching Garo because I didn't watch a poor man's imitation wannabe Garo? I watched all of TOWSID and Makai Flower. Flower was a vast improvement over the crap that was Darkness. Raiga was a likable character and had one of the best Garo episodes ever in his season (the horror movie one). Hell, the doll girl had far more personality than any of the other female characters in the show after Season 1.

Lurker
Gold Storm was a massive improvement over Ryuga's original season. No more CGI armor, way better fights, better story, better antagonist.

I didn't care for TOWSID either.

D

Dr Kain

Did it have actual Horrors? And did they actually give Ryuga and Rian a personality?