Sidhenshin.jpg

He's back!

Well, two of Gaim's Energy Riders were played by Garo alumni, so it makes a kind of sense that one of the other two actors would end up crossing over the other way. Shifty ex-lockseed dealers aside, this is a Rian episode. As we all know, Rian is a woman. And according to the kind of lazy stereotyping that Japanese media still seems to cling on to, there is one thing that all women want more than anything else: to get married.​

The way Rian is scripted is pretty stereotiped, in the previous episodes she was in charge of saving the people while Ryuga was fighting, and now this...

And BTW, if you find someone stabbed, shouting at him/her "Hold on!" it is not a proper treatment. Call an ambulance or use your powers...

The way the script is written, alongside with the CGI horrors, remind me so much of YWTM. Amemiya may be directing this, but it doesn't look like it.

Yeah, what's up with Rian in this episode? She was too shocked to realize that she has power to do something? Heals her? Close her wound?

As we all know, Rian is a woman. And according to the kind of lazy stereotyping that Japanese media still seems to cling on to, there is one thing that all women want more than anything else: to get married.

Considering how Japan is a dying nation demographically-speaking, is it really such an affront for media to put that out there?

SLICE
Considering how Japan is a dying nation demographically-speaking, is it really such an affront for media to put that out there?

There's a time and a place for it.

In our super hero escapist fiction? Seems a bit of an awkward time to put it out there. It'd be like if Wonder Woman showed up because she wanted a baby.

It's not like she's a brand-new character, though. She's already been established in Season 3. I'd assume this season is going to build on her and Ryuga further instead of the same ol' stuff.

Granted I haven't watched Gold Storm yet. (Probably won't until the entire show is released.) I'll have to see for myself.