072700_28_15.jpg

The episode is called "rearing" and the first thing you see is a woman's naked ass. Yeah, the show made that joke before you could. :loltongue:
This week: a creepy bug otaku, a cocoon with boobs, and a silly comedy skit during the end credits. Enjoy.​

Lurker
Alright, so... Creepy bug otaku dude rapes a chick, becomes a Horror, then proceeds to rape (not sure here) and eat more chicks, while hallucinating about them being only one weird chick who eats his friends? Just checking to see if I got that twist right - definetly didn't see it coming and that was amazing.

Something like that. I wasn't certain whether that was the initial possession or if the Horror had already possessed him and it was growing with each kill, a bit like the skin shedding bits earlier. Either way, I think the idea is that you're seeing the human's hallucinations as the parasitic Horror gradually consumes him from within.

One of the most chilling episodes of Garo ever. Even before the twist, I felt really uncomfortable watching it. Even when it takes a brief break from the creepiness, it's still reminding me of the weirder parts of Shin Kamen Rider, and I can't say that happens very often in modern toku. This episode needs an adult!

This made me as uncomfortable as the fish horror episode from the original series. I feel like the twist made it a little better though I guess. I definitely didn't see it coming so it gets points for that I guess.

always henshining'
Alright, so... Creepy bug otaku dude rapes a chick, becomes a Horror, then proceeds to rape (not sure here) and eat more chicks, while hallucinating about them being only one weird chick who eats his friends? Just checking to see if I got that twist right - definetly didn't see it coming and that was amazing.

yup, i love when Garo goes psycho like that. very good episode

About halfway through, when the guy says to the naked lady he wishes she would eat him, I thought "wow, Vorarephilia in tokusatsu, that's a new one on me." (that's a fetish about being eaten) Then the twist came, and it got even creepier. The horror, when it appeared fully formed, was very Giger-esque as well.

I feel like even with these monster-of-the-week episodes, the last few weeks this show seems to have improved. Like episode 7 was a turning point of sorts. The first few episodes were good, but these last three have been much more enjoyable for me. Having new Garo every week was enough anyway, but for it to still be the thing I came to love is awesome.

And next week is another example of a Garo staple, it seems - a new character played by an actress who has been on the show before as someone else entirely. Do they not have that many actors in Japan or something?

How does this thing work?
So did anyone else notice that the horror's "friend" was Kazari's actor from OOO?