Garo: Flower of Makai, Ep #25 - "Divine Will", and full series talkup

12735-32299-garos4image2jpg-620x.jpg

In which Biku plays the badass Mary Poppins, Eiris does the title drop, the sound of a bell brings clarity, and Raiga destroys the Madou Tool.

Thanks to all who've participated in these episode threads. See you over in the series thread for the upcoming anime.​

Overall I enjoyed the show, but strangely enough, I found the stand-alone episodes more appealing than the actual plot.

The horror movies spoof, the one with the girls, the awesome fights of the horror with the little kid... Damn, even the recap was original and interesting.

On the other hand, I think the plot could have been handled better. Eiji, for example, should've appear earlier, so we could connect with him and feel his reasons.

But I still find this show a vast improvement from YWTM, so is well received.

Let's see what happens with the anime, and with the franchise in general, because there is a manga coming (written by Amemiya), the Ryuga movie and who knows what else can they announce in November. They are on fire.

D

Dr Kain

Lackluster finale to what turned out to be a lackluster show. Don't get me wrong, the show was light years superior to the previous season, but they spent more time focusing on the Horror of the Week than they did on developing any of the main characters. Instead of wasting time on that stupid pointless episode with the girl and the puff ball, they should have spent that episode developing Crow, who was utterly pointless. Raiga is an awesome character and really shows the traits of both his parents, but a lot of the episodes were just there to kill time. THere were some truly incredible episodes, such as the horror movie one and the music one, but the show lacked great choreography and unique battles as the first two seasons had done. I still think it outshines the second season, but barely. Overall, I've give this series a 6/10 stars.

I really hope they decide to take 2015 off as they are clearly running out of ideas for Garo.

Far prefer the third season over this season. The lack of plot, lack of interesting characters, a villain that took forever to finally pop out and turn out to be not that interesting either. Also say what you want about Ryuga (3rd season lead), at least he had a personality and stand out, Raiga on the other hand was a complete bore to watch. He just didn't stand out much, he felt more like a secondary/background Makai Knight character. The supporting cast didn't really stand out much either, those few mins of Zero ooze with personality unlike the current cast.

Overall I found this to be a dud of a season. No one even talked much about this season of Garo here or elsewhere, can't say I'm surprise people bailed. Even the love it or hate it Garo: Yami had more people discussing about it. Too many fillers, not enough plot and main villian to talk about with Garo:Hana.

Overall it was a 6/10 for me.

Garo: Yami for me would be a 8/10. Yeah it felt different but I found it enjoyable to watch with decent to good characters as well.

D

Dr Kain

Ryuga had a personality? lmfao

If I rank and rate each season/movie, it would be;

Garo - 9/10
Garo Beast of White Light - 7/10
Garo Soukoku no Maryu - 7/10
Garo Makai no Hana - 6/10
Garo Makaisei - 6/10
Garo Red Requiem - 4/10
Garo The One Who Shines in Darkness - 2/10

How does this thing work?
I know this isn't the Makai Senki thread, but I'm curious as to why some people didn't like it so much.

Makai Senki is like a blur to me, don't even remember what happen in that series.

D

Dr Kain

I know this isn't the Makai Senki thread, but I'm curious as to why some people didn't like it so much.

Nothing really stood out to me in that season. In fact, the only episode I truly remember is the one where the priest dude (can't even remember his name) and Kaoru went out on their spirit walk. The series was not bad, but it failed to live up to the first series and I felt the writers did not know what to do with Kaoru and Kouga as they were too afraid to actually show them be together. In fact, it became a joke among myself and my friends as we all talk about that having lunch between Kaoru and Kouga must be the Japanese take for first base. So whenever there is a love story in a series now, we always ask if they are going to have lunch together.

The same here. If I had to choose one Garo season as my favourite, I would struggle between the first season and Makai senki.