Eyrith_Seed.jpg

The golden knight battles a bronze knight, Mayuri finally shows an emotion as Crow has to be told what a barrier is, Eiris learns to fly, and Gouten runs like the wind through the emptiest city in the world.​

The Golden Wizard
The Fight scenes were awesome. I didn't like how they made Crow look like a ranked amateur in this fight as well as through out the entire series.

I didn't like the, oh all is forgiven attitude that they showed Crow's master towards the end. He did unleash Eiris after all and we've saw the watchdogs. Command deaths to those who've done way less.

Seeing Garo Ride Gouten throughout the city and alongside buildings was pretty cool. It would have been even cooler if the spirit of GARO would have came to him once again. And told him that he could fly also. Seeing Crow and Garo flying around and fighting each other in the air. Would have been a sight to see.

With one more episode to go and a clip episode after that. I'm saddened that this is coming to end already. Wish this one ran all year like Super Sentai and Kamen Rider does.

Is it confirmed episode 25 is even going to be a clipshow? We already had one of those.

It does feel like next week is going to be the finale of sorts. But my theory is that it will be an old-school Garo thing of doing the big battle that spills into the opening minutes of episode 25 (and it will probably be an albino nude lady), then the "real" more personal fight, epilogue, CREDITS.

Either that or a prequel type of thing like in The One Who Shines in the Darkness, where we find out more about Eiji or someone else integral to this season's arc.

Part of me suspects that Raiga at least will benefit more from a second season, to go a bit deeper. Maybe more characters can be shown in the odd flashback episode. I wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Leo, Dan or Jabi and Rekka again. Zero's reappearance was an unexpected delight, so I'd hate to think all of those characters are gone forever, and the show just falls into a Sentai/Rider thing of "Here's this year's Garo" every year.

Getting back to this episode and where things go from here, it did seem like Eiji was too easily forgiven by Biku, considering he's released "The Tears of Messiah" into the world. Maybe we'll find out what happens to him later. I'm thinking he's either stripped of his armor/title, or dies in a heroic sacrifice.

I've said it before, but I'm also still expecting "Lost Soul" Crow. What with it being established early on that flight eats into his clock, and the chase still ongoing, I doubt Eiris is going to give a **** about Crow's armor eating away at him, as long as it gets to where it needs to be to bloom. As for Raiga not being able to fly, I'm sure the now-traditional "insane temporary powerup" is coming when Garo takes on Eiris.

Great fights this week, too. Love the Gill armor, and I always love it when a new one debuts and they do the whole thing of them striking a pose with the kanji behind them telling you who they are.

Gouten running up the skyscraper was badass, as were the ceiling bits of the fight with Eiji. Any time where Garo decides to toss physics out of the window is a good time.

Tht is the kind of twist I was talking about in the previous thread.

Loved the fight scenes, specially that moment with Raiga and Crow changing punches at high speed, the choreography was superb.

I hope the next episode is not the last.

Great fights this week, too. Love the Gill armor, and I always love it when a new one debuts and they do the whole thing of them striking a pose with the kanji behind them telling you who they are.
I missed those so much in Yami wo Terasu Mono :D.

Raiga vs Eiji, and Garo vs Giru, was pretty awesome. It's not often we have Knights fight each other, but when they do it's almost always an impressive spectacle and I felt it was no different here. I thought there was some great sword fighting and choreography during the fight, and Raiga and Eiji being evenly matched for the most part contributed to the tension of the fight and the joy of Raiga's victory :thumbs:.

Giru's Armor was also pretty cool :coolshades:.

That Garo Ken spinning though :p

Man it sucks to be Crow. Always getting the tar kicked out of him in fights, stuck in a supporting role where more often than not his main usefulness is in his Armor's unique wings, ends up finding out his mentor and father-figure has betrayed his ideals and become a villain, has his best efforts to break the barrier be met with a lot of pain, and is ultimately stuck with a Madou Tool that likes to state the obvious at inopportune times :shakefist.

Even his offer to save Mayuri by offering his body to Eiris, while heroic, also gave the main villain of the series a better body for both fighting off the Makai Knights and reaching where she needs to bloom :redface2:.

But at least it managed to get a lot of emotion out of Mayuri, which was quite surprising to see :O_O:.

I do think both Raiga and Biku seemed forgive Eiji's actions a little too easily. I don't doubt that before Akari's death he was a good man and an honorable Knight, and in some ways probably still is, and I can understand his sense of loss and reason at losing the woman he loved, but that still doesn't justify his releasing Eiris and all the people who have suffered because of it. Especially not when he did it all under the false impression that he could revive Akari through Mayuri. At the very least, I hope Biku takes him in to be judged by the Watch Dogs for his crimes or at the very least he sacrifices himself to help stop Eiris :170:.

It was nice to see Biku again :).

Garo on Gouten vs. Eiris!Crow was also awesome to watch, especially the moment when you see Gouten coming in alongside Crow, and it would be pretty cool to see Eiris go over the time limit so we can get a glimpse at "Lost Soul" Crow :buttrock:.

Who wants to bet that Eiris' true form is going to be a giant naked woman in true Garo form :sweat:?

Overall, I'll be sad to see this series end. While I think Yami wo Terasu Mono was better when it came to properly using its episode count to focus on the story and main plot, at least to a certain extent, Makai No Hana was so much of a return to what I love about Garo that I didn't find it a big issue. I definitely would like to see this cast again in a future series, and learn from this season :anime:.