García!, Spain’s answer to Captain America is now in HBO max

García! is now available at HBO Max. This TV series is an adaptation of the Spanish graphic novel of the same title written by Santiago García. Cryonics is a technology utilized by those who are afraid of dying. Animals had been frozen and brought back to life but not humans.
Because it was never approved for use on living people, the vast majority of those who are frozen are already dead. They are dead by the time they got frozen. As a result, the vast majority of people undergoing cryogenic treatments are already dead and hope to be revived when the technology is available.
García! explores the concept of a living person who got cryonized alive. Then he gets to wake up decades later.  He is a fish out of water but  he gets to adapt to his new word.
I had a blast with the first episode because its informative about Spain’s...

Continue reading...

Excellent, so glad it's subtitled instead of having some awful English dub. Looking forward to watching! Spanish is such a sexy language and I don't know why some people prefer dubs. Are they that lazy to read?

Will it be as with many Spanish TV shows and films, where certain things look good in the teaser but end up being terrible? For me, Netflix sets the bar when it comes to Spanish-language television. It seems to me to be a damn shame to create a Spanish series with the most popular last name in the entire nation without include the blasted tilde in the logo.
Since leaving it that way is a typo equivalent to writing "Garca" with a "J," I don't think it's all that difficult to work on it a bit more.

I won't criticize the show or the trailer; instead, I'll just point out that the logo's creators made a mistake.

Damn, I missed this TV series but thanks a lot for the info and I felt excited just by reading the Intro so I will be looking forward to this TV series and would like to learn about the concept of cryonized.

M

Mikelo

Wow, the trailer is satisfying, the fact that the language spoken is Spanish not the funny English with Spanish accents.

Goddess of the Couch potatoes
I wonder if he will have fast aging? There was a movie titled forever Young, which is also about a soldier who got frozen and he ends up aging within a couple of days. So he found his love interest and they reunite as both elderly. I wonder if Garcia will stay young.