In my opinion, if they are looking at the prospect of having something to help with improving their mentality would they be in the prison in the first place? They are there to serve time and not catch fun. The only thing I would consider making available for them is to watch television not give them access to games.
Yes also many companies test the drugs on the prisoners. So surely gaming companies can use the criminals to test the gaming experience. And who knows it may help the prisoners too. That's something to think about. Surely there is always some constructive things that can be done.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I think many prisons are moving away from harsh lifestyles to more human lifestyles. Gaming in prison not only makes the prisoners to get engaged but also feel accepted and can therefore change quickly.

Maybe you are right in saying that gaming helps change how they behave or maybe you are wrong and it doesn't have any effects on them rather than give them another avenue to turn violent. Have you considered the impact of playing some violent games on an ordinary free civilian? What do you think the same game would do to a hardened criminal locked up in prison?

Yes also many companies test the drugs on the prisoners. So surely gaming companies can use the criminals to test the gaming experience. And who knows it may help the prisoners too. That's something to think about. Surely there is always some constructive things that can be done.

The actual truth is that I can never trust a prisoner. They are mostly sociopath and psychopath, whom are capable of doing unimaginable things to people. Giving them such privileges is good there is no doubt about it but do they deserve such?

I think many prisons are moving away from harsh lifestyles to more human lifestyles. Gaming in prison not only makes the prisoners to get engaged but also feel accepted and can therefore change quickly.

If they actually wanted positive change, they would get themselves locked up in prison for starters. Although I agree some people are falsely charged and convicted, they deserve some shred of mercy but being in the midst of wolves in prison takes away their chances of getting such acts of mercy.

Some people are in support. I guess in their country it may work around. But from what I have learned and noticed that it may not always lead to the solution though. Some of the time gaming can have different experience.

I doubt that they allow inmates to play games - video and online games in prison for any reason. They are inmates and are in there for their crimes. Should they get always everything going well for them in the prison, then the system is encouraging people to commit crimes because there isn't any difference from life in prison and one outside it.

Well, it is all about the perspective for I think you have a point by saying that the inmates should not play games for any reason. Playing games might encourage more crimes to be committed and that is really bad for the development of the world and the war against crime.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
The actual truth is that I can never trust a prisoner. They are mostly sociopath and psychopath, whom are capable of doing unimaginable things to people. Giving them such privileges is good there is no doubt about it but do they deserve such?

I think I understand where you are heading at with trying to trust a prisoner not to behave more like a prisoner. It's just the same thing as getting a snake in your home and trusting it not to bite anytime it has the opportunity to strike. This is not something to be done without lots of consideration because a lot can go wrong in trying to be good to prisoners.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Well, it is all about the perspective for I think you have a point by saying that the inmates should not play games for any reason. Playing games might encourage more crimes to be committed and that is really bad for the development of the world and the war against crime.

This is exactly my point, not all games have a positive impact on the players because personally I know some games that actually made who isn't a prisoner behave in a violent way more or less what it would do to someone who is criminal.

I think I understand where you are heading at with trying to trust a prisoner not to behave more like a prisoner. It's just the same thing as getting a snake in your home and trusting it not to bite anytime it has the opportunity to strike. This is not something to be done without lots of consideration because a lot can go wrong in trying to be good to prisoners.

Definitely, prisoners aren't the best people to put trust in and expect them to deliver on the trust. It's never happened before and certainly wouldn't start happening today. So therefore, giving them a chance at making run for something unplanned for isn't the best decision in my opinion.

This is exactly my point, not all games have a positive impact on the players because personally I know some games that actually made who isn't a prisoner behave in a violent way more or less what it would do to someone who is criminal.

This is true for I could recall when we were kids and always trying to imitate what we play in some games such as mortal combat and all that. I believe such situation may arise among those that are in prison and may want to play certain games on TV.