It could be a good incentive for good behavior. Anyway, if it's not connected to the net, I don't see why not. Anyway, I bet they already do that, considering that many watch TV.

I think gaming in prison can be different. And people may not get a chance to do so. I have see people getting to study in prison through charity programs. But there does not seem to be gaming in prison. That's something to consider for sure.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I doubt that they allow inmates to play games - video and online games in prison for any reason. They are inmates and are in there for their crimes. Should they get always everything going well for them in the prison, then the system is encouraging people to commit crimes because there isn't any difference from life in prison and one outside it.

First of all, are they inmates? Did they commit any crime? Were they charged and convicted? If all the answers to this questions are yes, then I vehemently advocate for no form of game playing for the prisoners. They can play games when they serve out their time in prison and not a minute before that.

I doubt that they allow inmates to play games - video and online games in prison for any reason. They are inmates and are in there for their crimes. Should they get always everything going well for them in the prison, then the system is encouraging people to commit crimes because there isn't any difference from life in prison and one outside it.
I think computing is as much as they can offer. Not a lot of things are offered like internet access. I guess but it's good enough even for them. I am sure things would be lot different in prison mentality soon enough.

I think computing is as much as they can offer. Not a lot of things are offered like internet access. I guess but it's good enough even for them. I am sure things would be lot different in prison mentality soon enough.

In my opinion, if they are looking at the prospect of having something to help with improving their mentality would they be in the prison in the first place? They are there to serve time and not catch fun. The only thing I would consider making available for them is to watch television not give them access to games.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect

I might agree to just computing but I'm definitely going to add lots of conditions to giving them that pleasure because in truth, they don't really deserve it considering the fact that they are prison inmates serving time in jail.

I might agree to just computing but I'm definitely going to add lots of conditions to giving them that pleasure because in truth, they don't really deserve it considering the fact that they are prison inmates serving time in jail.

This is what I would most likely be agreeing to. Even if the computing games are going to be made available to them, they aren't going to have it as if they have their freedom by having fun nonstop as if they didn't commit any crime. There should be conditions attached to how they get to play the game in order to differentiate an inmate gaming from a free man gaming.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
This is what I would most likely be agreeing to. Even if the computing games are going to be made available to them, they aren't going to have it as if they have their freedom by having fun nonstop as if they didn't commit any crime. There should be conditions attached to how they get to play the game in order to differentiate an inmate gaming from a free man gaming.

I'm glad we have the same point of view when it comes to giving some certain privileges to prisoners. In as much as they are still human beings, they don't really deserve most things of leisure for life because being in the prison takes away such privileges.

I think many prisons are moving away from harsh lifestyles to more human lifestyles. Gaming in prison not only makes the prisoners to get engaged but also feel accepted and can therefore change quickly.