A lot of factors can contribute to emotional problems which leads to stress. Relationships might cause it, life failure might as well and there is no guarantee that gaming wouldn't contribute or be a remedy to the problem because everything is under probability.

Do you feel gaming has promise as a form of therapy for the sick or to improve other handicaps? For instance, I know biofeedback is used to help mental patients but isn't gaming sometimes similar? Anyway, the only thing I've heard about gaming is that improves coordination and - of course, there is a load of negative stuff.
Hi everyone. Yes playing games divert a patient's mind from pain and for many patients, games are a form physiotherapy as they exercise their fingers and muscles of their arms and oil the wheels of the mind.

It's true that gaming can help divert a sick patient's mind from the ordeal he or she is suffering from and have a bit of relaxation time with playing games and catching fun. But it's always important to keep such individual under observation to know when the game starts being a source of stress to the patient.

A lot of factors can contribute to emotional problems which leads to stress. Relationships might cause it, life failure might as well and there is no guarantee that gaming wouldn't contribute or be a remedy to the problem because everything is under probability.

I completely agree with you on this, the effects of gaming is a two way thing, there is no guarantee that it's only going to be positive, so it's in the court of the gamer to be observant and know when to stop or continue with the act.

Emotional stress is often due to expectations. Like you want to be rich and have good family and stuff. And then it does not happen. And things go in wrong direction. Those type of things are what makes the disease recovery harder. So we have to let go of expectations. That's what I have learned so far.

I think gaming somehow contributes on ones emotional health but i think its not a lone cure for deceases. Just like other things that gives you joy, being happy somehow make a positive result on your health and this include gaming.

Emotional stress is often due to expectations. Like you want to be rich and have good family and stuff. And then it does not happen. And things go in wrong direction. Those type of things are what makes the disease recovery harder. So we have to let go of expectations. That's what I have learned so far.

You are quite right with that assessment. High expectations leads to disappointment when such expectations aren't met. So, it's very important that we plan according to our might in order to be able to cope should things not go our way.

Games can be used as occupational therapy where the mind of the patient is diverted into something new and interesting. That would keep the patient away from depression and stress.

Occupational therapy is generally for those who have met accidents and have lost courage in their life. Playing games with other people puts the mind into a new activity which can heal the person immediately.