Do you feel gaming has promise as a form of therapy for the sick or to improve other handicaps? For instance, I know biofeedback is used to help mental patients but isn't gaming sometimes similar? Anyway, the only thing I've heard about gaming is that improves coordination and - of course, there is a load of negative stuff.

I think disease recovery is something handled differently. Gaming has bad effects on mind and body. So surely it is not going to help. People have to be really understanding that part. And then take actions on that part.

In my opinion on this question, I doubt that there is any connection with gaming and disease recovery in any way. What's the link up? I certainly cannot see any at all. What I can attests to is that gaming can influence one's behavioral patterns depending on the type of game such person is availing himself or herself to playing.

I think disease recovery is something handled differently. Gaming has bad effects on mind and body. So surely it is not going to help. People have to be really understanding that part. And then take actions on that part.

I completely agree with you on this, when the addiction to the game is too much and awfully excessive, it affects one's mind, body and behavior. It can make one lose focus on his priorities and this is very bad way to lead one's life. It's absolutely better to be careful with how much one gets addicted to it.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
There is no way games and disease recovery therapy can ever mix up. There is no relationship between them, I doubt it it's going to be of any form to therapy towards taking care of any disease in human body not even a common rash. It's likely one's behavior that might be put in the limelight of a game having the power to affect it.

There is no way games and disease recovery therapy can ever mix up. There is no relationship between them, I doubt it it's going to be of any form to therapy towards taking care of any disease in human body not even a common rash. It's likely one's behavior that might be put in the limelight of a game having the power to affect it.

This is exactly my thoughts after reading this content on gaming and disease recovery. They don't have any relationship unless it's mental and psychological disease that is being referred to here which using the word disease does not explain the issue well.

I think they are using video games in stroke recovery today- and so the brain does strengthen neural networks by repeating them, and by having this becoming a habit. When doing something in a new or different way, while playing video games- this can make new pathways or awaken the old ones in the brain. The activites in these video games, can really help out and do just that !

I only know that some games will make one think faster as a person especially when you play some good games that have to do with lots of calculations. I doubt that there are basic games out there that will make one that is feeling ill get well soon. I will be doing my research on that note and if there is any headway, I will have to let you know about that.

I think they are using video games in stroke recovery today- and so the brain does strengthen neural networks by repeating them, and by having this becoming a habit. When doing something in a new or different way, while playing video games- this can make new pathways or awaken the old ones in the brain. The activites in these video games, can really help out and do just that !

It's quite incredible to read that some video games can help those that are having some stroke issues, for me I always felt that no game is helpful to those sick, but reading this has made me look forward to widening my knowledge and understanding more about how this works with video games.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect

I haven't heard about this kind of therapy before, it looks promising if it's actually effective in helping out with stroke cases but I seriously doubt it can have any effect if the patient is paralyzed in both hands and feet. There is no way the individual would be able to play because there isn't any hands to play with :(.