A certain Christian religious group considers gaming to be a waste of time. They believe it takes time away from spreading their religion. They also view it as addictive and violent, much as other anti-gaming people do. Anyway, do you think such a view is overkill? Is it possible to keep gaming from being "too much" in your life?

Well gaming keeps your brain activated. And it can be something many people need to do in order for not to get slow down. So there are lot of benefits of it. Being spiritual is just making your own self slow some of the time. And that is bad unless one is really old.

I think gaming can be very spiritual when you are playing, but as far as your religious beliefs, there could be a problem as far as that goes I think. A lot of video games do glorify violence, and poor decision making as well. Also sometimes from a religious standpoint ,the video games can become addicting or an obsession as well. I think they are a great outlet-as long as you do not play for long periods of time though.

Some times the way churches analyze some things we engage in freaks me out and terming gaming to have effects on one's spiritual life or it being anti spiritual is another new level of outrageous description. What has gaming got to do with one's religion? In my opinion, it's absolutely nothing but these religious people would always find things to justify their argument. Well, my spiritual life is 100% different from my gaming life as they are not related in any way.

It is true there are some religious organizations that forbid gaming since they believe it is linked to Satan. But for me I don't think so.

I don't think so. But there are some of the horror games that may people not like. And may call it as anti religious or anti spiritual. So that's one possibility.

It is true there are some religious organizations that forbid gaming since they believe it is linked to Satan. But for me I don't think so.

If my spiritual director tells me to stop gaming one day, I would completely stop coming to the church because that is a disgusting thing to say about games been like satan inclined.

In my opinion there is nothing satanic and anti spiritual about it. If you have a good personal connection with god there is nothing to worry about. All i can say is that we live where freedom of speech is practiced and anything under the sun can be said. But as long that you know what you are and you have not violated any law by god or by man, you can do your games and have fun...

I think most fo the horror and the dark magic games are anti spiritual. So you should play keeping in mind the caution about it. I think not all games are anti spritual but some are for sure.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I wouldn't really say that gaming affects one's spiritual life negatively or positively. Everything depends on the perception of the individual playing. I can agree that some games might have an effect on one's habit in behaving somehow violent but I seriously doubt that it can affect one's spiritual life and religious beliefs.