Fighting evil makes me thirsty
game-of-thrones-poster.jpg

Links
HBO Official Site
Making Game of Thrones
The Maester's Path (virtual tour of the Wall)
GRRM's Blog

Trailers
Game Of Thrones "The Game Begins" Preview (HBO)
Game Of Thrones "Poison" Trailer (HBO)
Game Of Thrones "Power" Trailer (HBO)

Specials
Making of Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones will premiere this Sunday, April 17, on HBO at 9 pm eastern and pacific time. So who else is eagerly awaiting this adaption?

I am very glad that HBO is doing this series because a theatrical adaption would never have done the story justice. This way the story's violence, profanity, sexuality, and everything can be preserved just as it should be. I believe that is the only way this particular series should be presented. Plus...the entire Song of Ice and Fire series is way too massive to condense into a movie (or number of movies for that matter) so a series was the only logical route to go. From what I heard on the "Making of" special on HBO, each season will comprise the events from one book so we're in this for the long haul!

The casting looks solid. Sean Bean is going to make a great Eddard Stark and I am excited about Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister. I really think that Dinklage is going to bring the sarcasm and wit that really makes Tyrion one of the most interesting and enjoyable characters of the books. Emilia Clarke (while hot) doesn't seem to portray Daenerys as I imagined her. But if GMMR is happy with it, then I guess I shouldn't worry about it. It's still far too early to tell about most but I'm sure we'll all have a better idea after Sunday night.

The setting looks fantastic and probably couldn't have been executed much better. The Wall looks just as massive and foreboding as I'd hoped. I certainly don't think anybody is going to be disappointed in the setting.

Winter is coming.

Discuss!

Last edited:
All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
I've seen the trailers and it's a good one... Though, not everybody had HBO. We'll just watch for the streams or downloads.

D

Dr Kain

So what is this show about? Of course, I guess since it is HBO, it does not matter because I will never get to watch it.

Best fantasy book series I've ever read. It's killing me that I'm going to have to wait to see this.

Banned
OH, MY FUCKING GOD! :D

The best series I've ever watched for long time to come! I'm going to order as part of my package this week! ;)

This series alone that I cannot afford to miss! Very, very good! Well-executed story. It's a lot like Lord Of The Rings!

So what is this show about? Of course, I guess since it is HBO, it does not matter because I will never get to watch it.
To put it shorter than it deserves, it is basically the story of the struggle over the Iron Throne, the seat of power in the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. A Game of Thrones is the first book (and the inspiration for this series) in the A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels by George R. R. Martin.

Aaaaand the first episode was last night. It was awesome!

The actors are fantastic. As I suspected Dinklage portrayed Tyrion every bit as wonderfully as I thought he would. He really captured the cunning, sarcastic nature of the dwarf but did so in a way that displayed his underlying intelligence.

The setting was simply jaw-dropping. Winterfell really seemed like a medieval manor, no frills and grim just as the north is described in the novel. The lands to the east where the Targaryen twins are hiding is taken directly from the novel it seems. It's a sun-baked land, hot and arid. It has a very mediterranean feel though, like Greece.

And the Wall...huge and foreboding. It evokes a fear of what lies beyond as it well should. It really feels like it's separating the rest of the world from some ancient evil. The next thing I'm looking forward to see is the Eryie. It bet it is colossal.

As for the substance of the episode, it seemed to be comprised of the first three or four chapters of the book. It took a few liberties here and there with the source material, adding a few things, leaving a few things out. I expected as much though. But for the most part the first episode was faithful to the book as far as the main events are concerned. There was plenty of sex, nudity, and violence which definitely felt like GRRM's world as I imagined it.

All in all I'm very excited about the rest of the series. It's definitely not going to be word-for-word out of the book, but it will be a great fantasy series no matter what. So did anybody else have the chance (or HBO) to see it?

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
It can't compete with Blood and Titties... :laugh:

I haven't watched it yet, but due to the previews, I'm sure going to love it.

It can't compete with Blood and Titties... :laugh:
There was definitely an abundance of each. :anime:

NateRiver said:
Cool throne, bro.:thumbs:
That's the Iron Throne. It was constructed out of a thousand swords, all surrendered to King Aegon I. Very awesome. And I bet it's very damn uncomfortable.

Minato Ascending
Even though I don't have HBO, I really want to see this. I wish there's a way... :disappoin