Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Actually, from what I've read in the Book I thus far, the birth of three dragons is significant, and will probably carry more long-term effect than Ned's execution. I've read a chapter where Tyriod was recounting a story about Dany's ancestors, who sat on the throne and faced a rebellion army in the thousands. The King & Queen only had 3 dragons with them, and they destroyed the opposition completely. Once these dragons are grown, Dany will likely be able to take the Iron Throne, with or without an army.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting the significance of the arrival of these new dragons at all. I just didn't find the scene itself as satisfying as some of the others in the episode.

There is no doubt that Daenerys will become a force to be reckoned with. :buttrock:

HEROW
Just wanted to share this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yydcG9woWA"]YouTube - ‪Game of Thrones Violin Cover‬‏[/ame]

Maaan... Life's not the same without my weekly GoT fix... It's like I'm having withdrawal symptoms...

Just gotta chime in, Game of Thrones goes right into the top TV seasons ever in my book! Really enjoyed it, looking forward to a great series covering all those mighty books.

My favorite line: "No one touches the dragon!"

Also, I'd like to refer to myself as the dragon, because that's a pretty fun/badass/metal thing to do.

HEROW
I pretty much called that the moment he said that line. Like, "Oh. He's gonna die~"

And he did get the most awesome death scene in the whole first season...

got-2-6-7.gif

Super Moderator
You know, as much as I love the idea that the Dragon is the sigil of the house Targaryen, I rather have a Dire Wolf as a pet. Though the whole being immune to fire is pretty nifty.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
There was a Game of Thrones Q&A panel at Comic-Con. Check out the article at IGN here. It sounds promising! Hopefully it will live up to season one.

It's kind of disappointing to hear that the DVDs/Blu-rays will not have deleted scenes, but it's not too big of a deal. Spring 2012 is going to take a loooong while to get here. I can't wait for season two. :thumbs: