I have friend of mine whom I think has abnormal character. From the way you see people loving games until some spend the whole day playing them, for him it is a different story. He doesn't like playing any games. Do you think this is normal, and have you come across anyone with similar character?

It is normal. I introduced my friends to some games but they are not interested. I am really not a fan of video games but I never hesitate trying because I end up liking them.

There is nothing like game haters. You can't like what other people love. Everyone has their own preference.

For example, I can't say "shopping haters " to those who don't like shopping. :D

It is normal for a person to like and dislikes something , Like for some instance some people prefer to dance but some prefer to sing , same scenario here , some like to play games some don't like , we just need to respect the decision of someone on weather or not they will play.

This is not abnormal at all, people who dont show interests in games exist, it is not because they are anti social but rather it is their nature, not playing video games does not warrant that you call someone has a disorder or needs to go see a therapist.

I am not a video game kind of person I feel it is waste of time, till now I just use it to pass over boredom because I don't consider it a do or die affair, I have so many friends who consists of both girls and guys that have never played video games in their entire life. Not everyone will like what you do, I started playing video games this year am not too handy with but am trying to be, am this kind of person who doesn't focus on video games too it was this forum that made me start getting interested in it.

I have plenty of such people around me who hate games. And that in itself can be something worth thinking about. I know some of the people who hate games have their reasons. Like real world interaction matters more over the gaming. You can see that gaming does affect the real life. And that in itself can be really hard to balance.

It is normal for a person to like and dislikes something , Like for some instance some people prefer to dance but some prefer to sing , same scenario here , some like to play games some don't like , we just need to respect the decision of someone on weather or not they will play.
I am a good example. I don't like dancing nor singing but I like seeing people dance and sing.

This is actually normal, like people have their own perspectives in life as well as choosing of whether to be interested in games or not and they just do what they want to do. Most of my friends are into gaming and some of them are not and hates is so much, like I've tried asking them and they just told me that gaming is not for them.

I don't like playing games all day, but I do enjoy them. As you say, to see someone, as the OP did, that totally hates games is odd. Anyway, a lot of people might prefer specific games or genres and others, like me, might list the lack of time as one reason for not playing all day - and of course, there is also lack of skill. What fun is playing a game you're not trained for - and it seems like Call of Duty and maybe also Final Fantasy cannot be played by average people?

I do think that his situation is just normal. Every individual has their own preference. It's just that he doesn't prefer playing games. I have met several people who doesn't want to play online games. They would much prefer spend their time reading books or doing their preferred hobby. Every individual is unique and their preference differs from each other.

Last edited:

ion

I think it's normal. We have different likes, and dislikes or hobbies. Maybe your friend is an outdoor person, he doesn't like the, well, something like doing some adventure while sitting in the chair. He likes the actual action.