Lurker
Monster of the week is like Pokemon's ledges and shrubs. Sure they're traditional, but that doesn't stop them from being tedious.

R

raden238

I think this thread is appropriate for my question, the only "screw up" I have with Gaim. Didn't Rat from Team Gaim get slashed by an Inves?? His back was bleeding and he went to the hospital. So isn't he supposed to turn into an Inves?? We see him later on with Chucky and he looks fine. Did the writers just scrap that sub plot? I also expected him to fight Kota by now. I know the series isn't over yet and there is still time, but it doesn't seem like they are following up with that moment.

Lurker
I think this thread is appropriate for my question, the only "screw up" I have with Gaim. Didn't Rat from Team Gaim get slashed by an Inves?? His back was bleeding and he went to the hospital. So isn't he supposed to turn into an Inves?? We see him later on with Chucky and he looks fine. Did the writers just scrap that sub plot? I also expected him to fight Kota by now. I know the series isn't over yet and there is still time, but it doesn't seem like they are following up with that moment.

Its revealed in supplementary material that not all Inves carry the Virus and if they do they can choose whether or not to infect people. They only do it so they can get food.

R

raden238

Its revealed in supplementary material that not all Inves carry the Virus and if they do they can choose whether or not to infect people. They only do it so they can get food.

I see. Thanks for the clear up.

That plotholes has been discussed earlier. Rat was shown in the hospital with reports of having none of Helheim's seed on his wound. It was probably due to the one attacking him is Invess-Hase which was introduced in that episode. If you look at the episode of 'Zangetsu's Showdown' early part, you can see that the subplot is still there when Kaito is attacked by Redyue. Its probably not the same case with Rat, but the essence is still there: There's a more terrible danger if you are attacked by a monster not from Earth.

@Captain Shark: I don't care if you are still obsessed with the MoTW formula whatsoever, but please stop trying to troll people in a discussion like what you are doing now. Nobody can do anything here when its already decided that Gaim will abandon the 2-parter or the MoTW formula. So I suggest you just wait eagerly for Drive now without trying to get people heated up with your comments.

Last edited:
Lurker
Is there a suggestion that people actually missed 2-parters? That's even worse than Monster of the Week.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
but please stop trying to troll people in a discussion like what you are doing now.
Except I am not trolling anyone. This topic is for discussion of Gaim screw ups and I stated one.

Lurker
Seriously, people MISSED 2-parters? Last time I checked, people didn't like it in Fourze and Wizard. And maybe OOOs.

The only 2 parters I didn't like were in Wizard. Most of the victims were utterly unlikeable.

I liked most of Fourze's (the only ones I didn't like off the top of my head were Capricorn and Gemini) while some didn't start out well but ended decently (the Kyoto 2-parter, Lynx) and some which I liked a lot (Aries, the Rider Club intros, Coma Berenices).

OOOs 2-parters didn't stand out, but some I liked simply because of the moral choice involved (the father who wanted to stop evil), and most of them tended to flesh out the major characters.