I liked him when he wasn't a god
I guess we'll know soon this winter, right? There's no reason the next Movie Wars won't have a tie in episode if this really is a general trend from Toei, and not something specific to Takebe.

That's true. You could be right but even if it is Takebe pushing for all these, Toei may just run with it and insist that other producers do it too (especially since they seem determined to plunge on ahead with efforts to revive past properties that kids haven't heard of and older fans want to see the original not a poorly-done reboot)

Gaim is no more darker than any other pre-Den-O rider series. Obviously Gaim screwed up the monsters of the week, but maybe Drive will fix that.

But Gaim has no monsters of the week, for the main part. It has a couple of odd ones like Dyuduonshu (sp?) but otherwise not. Unless you're just saying you want Drive to return to the MOTW format?

If that's the case, then I'm bailing out. Not everyone else cares for that kind of bullshit, not just me. I've nothing against summer movies though, as long it's something good to watch.

If they were rebooting another tokusatsu series that was buried deep in the past, why the hell should Kamen Rider OR Super Sentai be involved with it? I found out that Gavan appeared in Go-Busters one time. Was there really any need?

Kamen Rider & Sentai are needed to help reintroduce these heroes. Since most of them are forgotten. At the same time the newer fans have no idea who they are. For example, some were probally wondering who is Gavan. Now they know about the Space Sheriffs.

Shiver as you hear my ROAR!!!
Next, are screw-ups with the Riders. I remembered people weren't so happy of Baron acquiring Lemon Energy Arms until they got used to it, and then we see very lazy things done for the movie's Riders. Kurokage Shin is basically the same Rider but with a Genesis Driver, Energy Lockseed and a different Kagematsu. You would've thought it'd be given the same treatment Zangetsu Shin got which people adored but, nope. And, Kamuro is pretty much a slight modification to Gaim but with a large spiky thing stuck to his forehead and a recoloured Arms from Mars who looked much better. Oh, and Kiwami Arms is a fucking eyesore and everyone can agree with that. So in my opinion, these things should've been fixed up.

Explaining Kurokage Shin is easy. His lockseed is a nut and you can't "juice" a nut. He gets no "Soda" form or Sonic Arrow because of it. If Gridon was to get an Energy lockseed, he would be just the same as Kurokage Shin but with a bigger hammer as a weapon.

Both Kamuro and Mars revised Gaim & Baron models. It leaves the door open for those forms to be used in the final fight of the series if both Kouta & Kaito get possession of the Golden Fruit.

And I don't agree with Kiwami Arms being a "fucking eyesore" at all. There are people out there that said the same about Kiva's Emperor form. I love both of them. Decade & Diend Complete were fucking eyesores though...

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Kamen Rider & Sentai are needed to help reintroduce these heroes. Since most of them are forgotten. At the same time the newer fans have no idea who they are. For example, some were probally wondering who is Gavan. Now they know about the Space Sheriffs.

Some of them should remain forgotten IMO; Toei insisting that they are tragically unappreciated works of genius just waiting to be revived doesn't make them so. And Kikaider was a blatant cash-in that didn't "need" to leech off Kamen Rider; it is a lot more established and better-known than the Space Sheriffs and had been active fairly recently

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
It got rid of it.
That is not a good thing that is a bad thing.
Seriously, when has anyone EVER been excited for another MOTW episode?
Me, your point is null and void.
Why waste time with random mooks that NO ONE cares about,
I care about them, stop generalizing.
when you could better spend it on, I don't know, your ACTUAL villains?
You don't watch a lot of toku or anime, do you? They do that all the time.
nd that's before we get into the fact that the very concept of MOTW makes our villains inherently incompetent. You tend to stop thinking of people as a real threat when they continuously fail, week after week, with no real gains whatsoever. It doesn't make your hero look stronger, it just makes the villains look weaker.
Except it does not, next.
MOTW is NOT an asset that wants me take it remotely seriously.
Then it does not for YOU, stop assuming you speak for everyone.
MOTW is only hurting you.
More like it makes you better.
Unless you're just saying you want Drive to return to the MOTW format?
And I want it to.

Now, count up your crimes!
Well, let's see here. Multiple Riders or MotW. Budget wise, obviously you can't have both.

We all don't get what we wanted ya know. :/

Well, let's see here. Multiple Riders or MotW. Budget wise, obviously you can't have both.

We all don't get what we wanted ya know. :/

Kabuto had both. Many monster of the week there were just recolors or slightly alterations of other suits though.

Now, count up your crimes!
Kabuto had both. Many monster of the week there were just recolors or slightly alterations of other suits though.

Exaaaaactly.

Den-O and Kiva were worst offenders with that too. The whole recolors and kitbashing of monster suits.