G.I. Joe: Resolute

Sekiria

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
A more mature take on the franchise. Whether or not it'll coincide with the
movie, I don't know.

[ame=http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25059520b3d89e0120b49221340025]First two parts of the pilot are up at Adultswim.com[/ame]

A couple of things to note: (Notice: SPOILERS)

[hide]- Major Bludd and Bazooka are dead at the start of the series
- Steven Jay Blum voices Duke
- Badassery displayed by Snake Eyes; even more so than usual[/hide]

Parts 3 and 4 will be uploaded to the site on Monday. Right now, it looks very promising.

Discuss.

jai009

Lurker
I'm sold. I wish U.S. military had ninjas. Of course they wouldn't be as cool as Snake Eyes, though.

MrMonk

Episode 3 is up on Youtube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16neqpiuxSo[/ame]

Note, Resolute was written by comic writer Warren Ellis.

dmario

four five and six are also up.

This aint yer daddys GI JOE fanboy...

this has death AND head shots!

KingRanger

Banned
this has death AND head shots!

And that, rather than the sub par story, is why people are going to be shouting THIS OWNS. It was a pretty bland show all around. Cobra Commander was hardly in it, and the other members of Cobra they did have were boring.

Skyknight

Lurker
Warren has even admited he's never watched G.I Joe or read Larry Hamma's work, he was told "treat it like Action Man" and he immediatly started burning action figures.

Eldar

I loved it. It's probably the most serious GI Joe animated incarnation and for once they actually manage to depict Cobra as actual terrorists instead of as a bunch of snidley whiplash incompetent b-list villains.

DigDoug

I'm just getting into the whole G.I. Joe franchise myself, so I thought I'd try this out. Needless to say, this is all sorts of awesome! I know it's nothing like anything else that has come before it, but it seems like a nice introduction for someone like me. Also, I recognized Steve Blum's voice on Duke and Roadblock immediately. I feel ashamed of not recognizing Charlie Adler's right away, though.

I liked how Cobra Commander broke fourth wall...no offense to the Latta fans.

You're talking about the whole "I used to act like a coward" thing, right? I don't know if I'd call that breaking the 4th wall.

Rainboy

Whomp, whomp!
I've never been interested in the Joes, but I really enjoyed this. The Storm Shadow/Snakeyes story was pretty cool, even though very cliche.

DigDoug

Just finished the last episode. Holy crap, that was cool! I think my only problem with it was that it didn't really have too much in the way of a resolution (ironic, huh?).

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?