G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation (2013) -Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson & Bruce Willis... CONFIRMED

Mad Skillz
Purely from a real world stand point, I think it's weird to hire the actors and only use them for a fraction of the movie. Even if they aren't dead, this trailer makes it obvious they won't be the focus of Retaliation.

It just bugs me to see characters killed off arbitrarily in fantasy war films where pretty much everything should be a controlled action and characters shouldn't be killed off just to prove any point that anyone can die. I like my character death to have some more meaning and foreshadowing to it than being so abrupt like this trailer makes it out to be.

正義の味方
Did they change a lot of the cast? I don't see the general guy and the other guy that piloted the plane in the last movie. Looks more like a real action movie than a toy movie, which looks like a step in the right direction.

Minato Ascending
So there's no Cobra Commander, and Scarlette is not back with the Joes? I just get this big MEH feeling from the trailer, although it will probably end up better than the first one (which was lousy btw).

Eye See You
dchoc,

Princess, we have a GI Joe thread already. Get the mods to merge them.

*runs off while only wearing a thong*

Lurker
This one looks good! I didn't even watch the first one yet! Is the first one any good?

Lurker
Did they blew all of their money getting Bruce Willis and the Rock so they couldn't even keep the actor that played Duke for more than one scene? :eyebrow:

At least they only need the costume for Snake Eyes... He's the Wolverine/Batman of the Joes, they couldn't take him out of the movie.

What do you mean they killed Duke? He was shown alive in the trailer with RoadBlock & Lady Jaye.
*watches the trailer again*
Wait...no...that wasn't Duke..it could have been Flint or Tunnel Rat. Either way, it doesn't prove that Duke dies during the raid.

I saw a rumor state Duke dies in the opening. I'll be VERY happy if that's not true.