G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation (2013) -Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson & Bruce Willis... CONFIRMED

Seigi

正義の味方
I understand if they're trying to take it into a new direction that's more realistic, but if they really kill off and write off too many characters just like that, it'll feel weird.

As for Duke, I don't think he'll be going anywhere since he's top billed over at IMDB.

Well, at least Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow's in it.

Galaxian

Lurker
My biggest complaint about the first one was that it didn't have enough Snake Eyes, it seem that this movie is looking to make up for that :castlerock:

dchoc

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
They should just do a SnakeEyes Movie... Like an Origin of sorts... :thumbs:

Galaxian

Lurker
They should just do a SnakeEyes Movie... Like an Origin of sorts... :thumbs:

If only... Unfortunately, the mixed reaction that Origins: Wolverine received probably hindrance our chances of ever getting something like that... :disappoin

dchoc

If only... Unfortunately, the mixed reaction that Origins: Wolverine received probably hindrance our chances of ever getting something like that... :disappoin

Mixed reactions? Well then, why is Wolverine 2 being made?

[ame="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1430132/"]The Wolverine (2013) - IMDb[/ame]

MMPR

Read my smart post
Mixed reactions? Well then, why is Wolverine 2 being made?

The Wolverine (2013) - IMDb

Because X-Men Origins: Wolverine made a **** load of money, and in my opinion was a decent movie (except Deadpool at the end)

Anyways, this movie looks badass. Bruce Willis and The Rock in an action movie? **** Yes. 2011 is going to have some great action movies, Expendables 2 and G.I Joe 2...aweomse :thumbs:

Kaji Motomiya

PARTY HARD
So...they basically turned GI Joe Renegades into a movie huh?

What I was thinking. I haven't watched the previous movie, but I read enough that Duke gets a certain mark that made me recognize him for just one scene of the trailer...and that's it. I JUST finished Renegades, so seeing this trailer made me think, "...Not enough Duke, I think I saw Scarlet ONCE, and I don't know who Tunnel Rat is in this movie at all..."

chronoxiong

Digital Artist
From the trailer, this movie looked like a The Rock movie. Lol...It might be a good thing though as Rock is always a badass and causal fans and his wrestling fans will want to see it. I think it has potential and I just love how cool Snake Eyes is too.

dchoc

Because X-Men Origins: Wolverine made a **** load of money, and in my opinion was a decent movie (except Deadpool at the end)

Anyways, this movie looks badass. Bruce Willis and The Rock in an action movie? **** Yes. 2011 is going to have some great action movies, Expendables 2 and G.I Joe 2...aweomse :thumbs:

My point exactly... If Wolverine can have an Origin movie, Snake Eyes can do it as well. It's just a matter of time.

Forever Knight

Eye See You
What I was thinking. I haven't watched the previous movie, but I read enough that Duke gets a certain mark that made me recognize him for just one scene of the trailer...and that's it. I JUST finished Renegades, so seeing this trailer made me think, "...Not enough Duke, I think I saw Scarlet ONCE, and I don't know who Tunnel Rat is in this movie at all..."

You should check the 1st film out. It was pretty damn fun.

My point exactly... If Wolverine can have an Origin movie, Snake Eyes can do it as well. It's just a matter of time.

An entire film with Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow and the past they share like the flashback scenes we saw in the first film would be a total money maker.

Galaxian

Lurker

Snake Eyes is the most popular character in G.I. Joe, but even he can't compare with Wolverine's level of fame.

Last edited:

MMPR

Read my smart post
Snake Eyes is the most popular character in G.I. Joe, but even he can't compare with Wolverine's level of fame.

Agreed. Wolverine has years of mainstream exposure and his own movie was a financial success, so people love him. I'm sure Snake Eyes can be equally as popular (he is badass) but he hasn't been tested like Wolverine

ShademanDS

Anti-Anti
The trailer looks Kick-ass! :castlerock:
I feel like this one is going to have amazing action sequences since it's being directed by a dance choreographer so it's all going to look very polished and elaborate.
I truly hated the first one with a passion and I can blame it on two lines by Marlon Waynes Character "You guys got real life like hair, and a kung-fu grip". I was pretty much taken out of the whole movie after that.

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts