Banned
Wait, other than the characters from Xing and Ishbal, the cast would have to be Caucasian.

Unless they want to make an Alternate early 20th century Europe thats filled with Asian people.....

HEROW
Protip: Never let Hollywood run Japanese-influenced stuff. ;)

Yeah, not to mention ANY Asian stuff... They pretty muched murdered all of my Japanese Horror favorites (The Ring series, The Grudge, etc.) and even went as far as murdering my favorite Thai Horror movie (Shutter)... Hope they never touch the movie "Alone" from the same director of Shutter. :redface2:

Wait, other than the characters from Xing and Ishbal, the cast would have to be Caucasian.

Unless they want to make an Alternate early 20th century Europe thats filled with Asian people.....

The Last Airbender already got a lot of issues regarding using Caucasian people to fill-in clearly Asian roles and murdering the way they pronounced the names. :redface2: So hopefully they now try to assign the right people for the right role... Since there's no way I'm gonna want to see Ling without his cutesy eyes. :sparta!:

I was actually talking about telling the story itself, not the casting.

Airbender felt like a big recap episode. Like they filmed the entire series in live-action and then recapped only the plot bits with no character development. It jumped from scene to scene.

Banned
No fucking way!!! The Last Airbender already got a lot of issues regarding using Caucasian people to fill-in clearly Asian roles and murdering the way they pronounced the names. :redface2:

And there's no way I'm gonna want to see Ling without his cutesy eyes. :sparta!:

But in this case, Amestrian characters are supposed to be Caucasian.
They could end up "Yellow-Washing" the cast.

HEROW
I was actually talking about telling the story itself, not the casting.

Well, the movie screwing the story of the series is already a given. :sweat:

Airbender felt like a big recap episode. Like they filmed the entire series in live-action and then recapped only the plot bits with no character development. It jumped from scene to scene.

Entire series? I thought they only based the movie on Book I (Water)?

But yeah, people told me they pretty much skipped the episodes that were very important in the series even though they were just sorta fillers and even advised me to skip watching the film if I don't want to see them murder my favorite Nick show.

HEROW
But in this case, Amestrian characters are supposed to be Caucasian.
They could end up "Yellow-Washing" the cast.

Yes, I fixed my post seconds after rereading yours.

Yes, Amestrians and people from Xerxes are definitely Caucasians. Amestians need to wear blue contacts if their eyes are not of proper color and yellow contacts for the people of Xerxes to be able to differentiate.

Kuuguitar
Yeah, not to mention ANY Asian stuff... They pretty muched murdered all of my Japanese Horror favorites (The Ring series, The Grudge, etc.) and even went as far as murdering my favorite Thai Horror movie (Shutter)... Hope they never touch the movie "Alone" from the same director of Shutter. :redface2:

They also remade Sigaw - though it's actually on par with the original, given that 1) Our films aren't that good, save the indie stuff and 2) at least they had the idea to retain Iza Calzado.

Peek a Boo!
I guess I should wait for the film to be available for rent.

About the topic, hope that they will try their best to make the plot as fluid and as understandable as possible. Make the best parts of the series be part of the film. Look on what FMA: B did. The first few episodes felt like the first series compressed minus the Dante involvement.

HEROW
I guess I should wait for the film to be available for rent.

About the topic, hope that they will try their best to make the plot as fluid and as understandable as possible. Make the best parts of the series be part of the film. Look on what FMA: B did. The first few episodes felt like the first series compressed minus the Dante involvement.

But later on in the series, they pretty much relied on what the 1st anime already showed... Skipped a lot of details, and even not giving importance to events that should have been epic. :disappoin

You know the first two Grudge remakes were directed by the original guy right?

Entire series? I thought they only based the movie on Book I (Water)?
Sorry, the entire book.

But yeah, people told me they pretty much skipped the episodes that were very important in the series even though they were just sorta fillers and even advised me to skip watching the film if I don't want to see them murder my favorite Nick show.
Oh, they covered every important thing that happened. Just without all the extra stuff. In fact, the movie's only barely watchable if you've seen the original series. Without it, you'd be mostly lost I'd think.