Mad Skillz
...yeah, sure, why not?

Anywho! Basically, after the final episode of the second Fullmetal Alchemist series aired, there was a movie announcement. People assumed there was going to be an animated movie, but now there are rumors flying all over place, with apparently a direct confirmation from a staff member at a French anime con, that the movie is going to be a live action toku flick, with one report just saying all they're waiting for is a press announcement. So, thoughts?

Personally, I think with a movie having the budget of the recent Yamato movie (which I know, is insanely high for Japanese standards), or somewhere close, this could be a pretty awesome idea. The whole thing I think people would be bothered with is the fact that a lot of the characters are based on Europeans, buuuut I think a decent cast might get rid of those complaints.

At this point it's still a rumor, the live action bit, that is, but I thought it deserved a thread.

私の占いは当たる
Something like Daimajin Kanon would be pretty sweet.

HEROW
FMA live-action continuation? Would love to see that since the ending to the manga was pretty much open-ended since they still
travelled the world right after...

i never have seen any FMA but i always thought it was about a fictionalized european mythology...

So now im confuse, is it a Japanese world in european setting or whatever?

Edit
I checked some of the actors that was mentiont... i wonder if that was a joke?

Old School Justice
Well we kinda had something like that, when Vic did that fullmetal fantasy fan film years ago.

Nice post!!
In terms of media, a live-action FMA on a high budget might actually be a version that finally captures what makes the manga a very special series. Both of the anime have been decent watches that managed to miss the point in one way or another.

I wonder about plot, though. Death Note translated really well to live-action because the manga was way too long, given its premise, to begin with. Shortening the material tightened the plot tremendously and let them focus on the strongest aspects of the material.

A lot of FMA's appeal is a long, complicated plot full of political maneuvering and an extremely deliberate blend of characterization, action, and humor. Really layered stories like this tend to be difficult to adapt well into other media, especially media with constricted runtime.

You could opt to do just one particular plot arc or run a big chunk of the manga on fast-forward, but I wonder if at this point just making up a mostly-different but thematically or loosely related plot might work better.