I'm sure he's a good guy, but... ugh....... he's pretty fucking far from what I would want out of an iconic Conan. Conan from the TV series was too ugly... and this guy... he's a bit too pretty, I think.
Did you really think they'd cast someone unattractive for the lead of a movie?

I'm cool with the the choice of Jason Momoa, but he's going to seriously have to hit the gym fucking *HARD* to fill the role. The guy's in good shape, but he's no titan. Conan needs muscles on mucles - should look like he grew up pushing the wheel of pain. Get that dude a double dose of whatever Mark McGuire was taking.

Did you really think they'd cast someone unattractive for the lead of a movie?
Yes. SJP looks like a foot with lipstick.

Anyway, you guys have no idea how goddamn relieved I am that they haven't cast a huge-name star like Vin Diesel or the Rock, or even worse some fuckin' chump-ass pro wrestler for the role of Conan. I approve. Just get the guy in the gym another eight to ten hours a day and I'll be happy. :thumbs:

boogie woogie feng shui
Agreed about the size issue, but cool it with the wrestler stereotypes... those dudes are serious business.

But yeah, this guy looks about 80 pounds too light to play Conan, and I highly doubt they're gonna make him put on 80 pounds for the movie. Maybe they're taking a more "realistic" approach, or something. Doesn't really matter since my prediction for the film's quality is that it's going to be about as pleasant as a fart in an elevator.

Throwing Some Justice!
Mickey Rourke is getting the offer of playing Conan's father Corin. This will interest me alot more if he accepts the part, but I don't think he will...

Throwing Some Justice!
Jason Momoa as Conan:
conan-02-momoa.jpg
conan-03-momoa.jpg

Nice post!!
That Conan is very much not the iconic Schwarzenegger/Buscema Conan.

... but he makes me so very, very happy. :disappoin

Banned
I'm sorry but that guy just isn't Conan for me. I have read a lot of the books, used to read the comic, and I loved the first Conan movie. This guy just doesn't measure up to the legend of Conan for me.:redface2:

I'm sorry but that guy just isn't Conan for me. I have read a lot of the books, used to read the comic, and I loved the first Conan movie. This guy just doesn't measure up to the legend of Conan for me.:redface2:

He's a good actor, nice guy, and definitely fits in the movie. Somewhere.

Just not as Conan.

And it's because Conan was a Cimmerian, and Cimmerians were based on the Celts. Conan was pale white that got tan from the sun.

And it's not racism here, I like the guy, I love girls with that and darker skintones, he's perfectly awesome to me. Great guy, good actor, perfectly fine to be the lead in action movies and fits that role well.

It's just like casting Russel Crowe as the role of Shaka Zulu. I mean, in some places, skin tone is important to the part. In Conan, it was a big part. People could tell what nation you're from in Conan's world just by skintone.

Arnold fit a good Conan because it was like REH wrote using Arnold as the model. Should have had darker hair, but bodywise, he fit.

Ah well, if the movie's good that's all that matters to me. They shoulda just put him as one of Conan's friends instead of as Conan, I think.