TBH, if I was righting the next Kamen Rider, I wouldn't want to be shackled by some previous guy's story idea. I would want to pursue my own.

Aronbafon
I think I personally would make use of it if I could and if it would be relevant.

I mean writers already start with X number of details that are a given for the show since Bandai makes the toys and probably have a hand in designs (Assumption)

Heroes are forever
TBH, if I was righting the next Kamen Rider, I wouldn't want to be shackled by some previous guy's story idea. I would want to pursue my own.
You're writing for Kamen Rider, you're already using someone else's idea.

You're writing for Kamen Rider, you're already using someone else's idea.

You know what I'm talking about. If I wanted to have my own spin of the franchise, I wouldn't take it well when I'm told I should incorporate someone else's previous idea. Probably why OOO didn't show Foundation X, the crew were working with their own pursuits (However awkwardly some of them were accomplished).

To be fair, no one handling a franchise like Kamen Rider really can just pursue their "own ideas". There's the whole merchandising side and now they seem to be pushing for some recycled story elements since W.

Considering all that, I don't think teasing something like Foundation X would be that intrusive, especially considering how it'd just give more consistency to the crossovers and cameos that the franchise does nowadays. The OOO team just showed that, even if they were worried about their tv show story, they weren't really worried about movies and other installments of the franchise, considering how sloppily OOO handled those tie ins.

Wizard would technically be the fifth Neo Heisei Rider if you count Decade...since you know he is part of the Movie War series and also, in a way, started the number gimmick.

Hmm I dunno about that. I believe he's the END of the first decade of heisei riders, hence the name and the show itself. And the change to Kamen Rider premiering in the fall instead. I see it as the "fall heisei riders" being the Neo Heisei ones. And also that's where they started having the english title under the japanese one be "Kamen Rider" instead of "Masked Rider".

Or maybe I just feel this way because Decade doesn't seem like a "clean start" or a "reboot" as much as W did. And bias. :anime:

I guess another reason why Foundation X isn't featured much is that it might confuse viewers who tune in for, say, Wizard. While us dedicated people might just look it up online, the average young viewer would be going, "Whose Foundation X? Why does everyone know them without explanation? F#ck it, I'm watching Pokemon Sunday!"

Of course, the alternative is to repeatedly explain who Foundation X is in each series and how it's such a shock they were behind the villains of the year the whole time, which long term viewers would have to put up with.